Samsung is now testing the One UI 3.0 Beta on the Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite (SM-G770F). The One UI 3.0 Beta is finally making rounds to a number of Samsung phones. First, the One UI 3.0 Beta update became available on the Samsung Galaxy S20 and S20 Ultra. Then the update reached the Galaxy Note 20 and Note 20 Ultra. Now, the update is available on the Galaxy S10 Lite.
As of this moment, the update comes in the form of an OTA update, which can be installed via a custom recovery. Follow the detailed guide below on how to update your Galaxy S10 Lite.
How to install One UI 3.0 firmware on Galaxy S10 Lite
Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite:
- SM-G770F: TBD
Rename the downloaded One UI 3.0 Beta file to update.zip.
- Make a full backup of all the data on your phone. There is a risk involved every time you flash a custom image, and in most cases, you need to factory reset your phone. A backup will keep all of your data safe.
- Charge your phone to at least 60%. In case something goes wrong and the phone gets stuck, it will not turn off due to a low battery.
- Install the USB drivers for the Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite. If you do not install the drivers, the computer will not be able to recognize the phone.
- Download the latest Odin tool to flash the firmware.
- Firstly, download Odin. We will use this tool to flash the required firmware in order to use the update file.
- Download the required firmware for your phone’s model. Extract the zip file. You will get six different files. You will use only four of those files.
- Take your phone, press, and hold the power button and select “Power Off”. Once the phone has shut down, press and hold the volume down, volume up, and power keys at the same time while plugging your phone in. Release the keys when the phone goes into Download Mode. The phone will tell you that you are about to go into Download Mode. Press the volume up button to confirm.
- Launch the Odin tool on your computer. If all the correct USB drivers are properly installed, the box under ID:COM will turn blue. This means that Odin recognizes the phone and it is ready to flash the firmware.
- Please be warned that this will erase everything on your phone, so make a backup before you perform this step. Click on BL and select one of the six files that start with BL. Do the same thing for AP, CP, and CSC. Leave USERDATA empty. Once you have selected all the files, click the start button.
- Wait for Odin to flash the firmware. The phone will reboot automatically once everything finishes.
Part 2 – Install One UI 3.0 OTA update
- Press and hold the Power button and tap on “Power Off”. This will turn off the phone.
- Press and hold the volume up, and Power buttons at the same time. This will put your Galaxy S10 Lite in recovery mode. (It should be a stock recovery, not a custom one).
- While in recovery mode, select “apply update from SD card“. You can move up and down using the volume keys and select options using the power button.
- Find the OTA ZIP update (update.zip) file and swipe to flash it. The phone will begin with the
- installation process of the One UI 3.0 OTA update. Wait for the phone to restart.
The first boot will take a few minutes. The phone will optimize applications for the new Android version. Once the phone boots up, you will enjoy the brand new One UI 3.0 Beta update on your Galaxy S10 Lite.