The Xiaomi Mi Note 2 (scorpio) has received the first LineageOS 18.1 ROM build. LineageOS 18.1 is based on the latest Android 11 update. The base of the ROM comes from the Android Open Source Project (AOSP) code, which means it offers a stock Android experience. Below you can download and install the LineageOS 18.1 ROM (maintained by joe2k01) alongside the latest Google apps on your Xiaomi Mi Note 2.
LineageOS 18.1 Features
LineageOS 18.1 is a custom ROM available that can be downloaded and installed on many Android devices. It based on Google’s AOSP (Android Open Source Project) and it offers the stock Android experience. This particular version of the ROM is based on Android 11. It has all the new features including Bubbles, screen recording ability, smart replies, device controls, media controls, and more.
Additionally, the ROM offers other essential and helpful applications for an even better experience. It includes apps such as AudioFX (audio optimizer), a lightweight browser that works well even on low-end devices, a good camera app, trebuchet (a highly customizable launcher), terminal, and more. Additionally, LineageOS has some useful features that are not included in the original AOSP code. For example, there are custom Quick Settings tiles, LiveDisplay, lock screen customization, system profiles, PIN scramble, privacy guard, and button customization.
It offers other helpful applications such as AudioFX, a lightweight browser, and Trebuchet, a highly customizable launcher. Furthermore, LineageOS offers features such as system profiles, lock screen customization, root access, expanded desktop, custom button placement, LiveDisplay, Protected Apps, PIN scramble, custom pattern sizes, call recording and more.
How To Install LineageOS 18.1 on the Xiaomi Mi Note 2
You are about to install a custom ROM on your Xiaomi Mi Note 2. If you properly follow the tutorial below, you will be running the latest ROM in no time. However, please note that there might be issues along the way. We shall not be held responsible if you damage or brick your phone. Please proceed at your own risk.
- Backup everything on your phone before you do anything. A factory reset is always recommended when installing a new ROM, especially if the old ROM is not the same as the old one.
- Charge your phone to at least 60%. In case something goes wrong and the phone gets stuck, it will not turn off due to low battery.
- Make sure you have a custom recovery installed. TWRP is the recommended recovery for ROM installation.
- LineageOS 18.1 ROM (source):
- Xiaomi Mi Note 2 (scorpio): lineage-18.1-20210401-nightly-scorpio-signed.zip
- Android 11 Gapps (Download)
Install LineageOS 18.1 on the Xiaomi Mi Note 2
- Download all the necessary files and transfer them to the internal storage of your Xiaomi Mi Note 2.
- Press and hold the power button. Tap on power off to turn off the phone.
- Hold and press the volume down + power buttons at the same time. Release them when the screen turns on. The phone will go into recovery mode.
- Before you flash the ROM, you need to wipe data. To do so, tap on Wipe and then choose Advanced Wipe. Select Dalvik / ART cache, System, Vendor and Data. Swipe to wipe. Do not select the Internal Storage option. If you do so, everything in your phone’s internal storage will get deleted including any photos and videos.
- After wiping the data on your phone, tap on Install. and select the downloaded LineageOS 18.1 ROM file. Swipe to flash. Wait for the ROM to be installed.
- After the ROM is installed, tap on Install once again. This time, select the Android 11 Gapps package. Again, swipe right to install.
- Reboot your phone after you have performed everything above.
That is all you need to do to install LineageOS 18.1 on your Xiaomi Mi Note 2. If you go to the app drawer, you will also see apps such as YouTube, Google Maps, and Google Play Services, thanks to the Google Apps package that you installed.