How to enable Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Smart Select feature. The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 is considered by many as a groundbreaking and excellent smartphone. It has all the specifications that you can expect from a high-end device. It has a 5.7″ QHD display, 3 GB RAM, 3220 mAh battery, octa-core Exynos or quad-core Snapdragon chipset and 16 MP camera.
Along excellent hardware specifications, the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 also has a lot of software features. The Note 4 comes with Android 4.4.4 KitKat with Touchwiz skin on top. And as with other Samsung devices that come with Touchwiz, the Note 4 has a lot of features that can boost productivity and make our lives easier.
Also Read: How To Fix Bad Battery Life on Galaxy Note 4
One feature that is really useful is Smart Select. At first, when you hear about Smart Select, you may think that it isn’t a feature that many people are going to use. In fact, Smart Select is one of a few features that people actually consider as useful instead of gimmick, like they do with other Touchwiz options.
Smart Select is a smart option on the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 that turns the text of a picture into an editable written text. For example, while browsing on the internet using your Note 4 and you find information about something and you see the address, you can quickly activate Smart Select option, select the part of the screen you want and the phone will write down the address into your note-book.
If there’s a phone number in the selected part of the phone, when the written text is displayed, there will also be a call and message button. Yes, Smart Select is indeed a useful feature.
With that being said, not every Galaxy Note 4 user knows how to enable and use this feature. Most of them will know but there are always a few people who haven’t discovered all the options of the phone.
- Go to the page that you want to select.
- Pull your S Pen out of its slot. The Air Command Suite menu will show up.
- Select the second option on the menu which is “Smart Select”.
- Select the part of the screen that you want and click the “T” text button on top right corner. This will turn all text into editable text.
- The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 will analyze the photo and the will open a note with all the text. If there’s a phone number, the call and message buttons will become available.
The Galaxy Note 4 can also share the picture you have selected.
- Tap on the Download button which is positioned on bottom right corner. A floating window with the image will show up.
- Open the app where you want to share the image, for example, the Message app. Drag and drop the image into the Enter Message Section.