If you have bricked your OnePlus Nord N10 5G and cannot get the phone to boot up, you need to unbrick it. OnePlus Nord N10 5G comes with OxygenOS 10.5 based on Android 10.5. As is the case with every Android phone, the software that comes pre-installed on Nord N10 5G can be modified and changed. The company has released the kernel source of the phone, and there will be custom ROMs and TWRP very soon.
The OnePlus Nord N10 5G is the company’s affordable Nord devices. It has a 6.49″ IPS LCD display with a 90Hz refresh rate. There are four cameras on the back, a 64MP wide sensor, an 8MP ultrawide sensor, a 2MP macro sensor, and a 2MP depth sensor. On the inside, the phone has the Snapdragon 690 5G chipset with Adreno 619L, 128GB of internal storage, and 6GB of RAM storage. All of this is powered by a decent 4300 mAh battery.
For the majority of users, installing a ROM and modifying the software on the OnePlus Nord N10 5G goes without any trouble. However, sometimes things go wrong and users can brick the phone during the process. When the phone is bricked, users cannot enter into Fastboot mode. Fastboot is used to restore the stock firmware of the OnePlus Nord N10 5G. This means that the phone is completely unusable and you need to unbrick it to bring it back to life. For this scenario, MSM Download Tool is used. MSM Download Tool is a flashing tool made by Some_Random_Username that unbricks bricked OnePlus devices. It uses Qualcomm’s Emergency Download Mode to flash the stock firmware on the OnePlus Nord N10 5G, and subsequently unbricking it.
Note: MSM Download Tool only works on Windows computers. This means that you cannot use the tool if you have a Mac or Linux machine. You need Windows 7, 8, or 10.
There are two variants of the tool, based on your region: European firmware (BE89BA), and international firmware (BE86AA). There is no Indian firmware this time around.
Furthermore, you need to download the Qualcomm driver in order for the computer to recognize your phone and trigger the EDL mode.
MSM Download Tool for OnePlus Nord N10 5G:
- International firmware (BE86AA) | billie8_14_O.01_201121.zip
- European firmware (BE89BA) | billie8_14_E.01_201121.zip
Qualcomm EDL Driver for OnePlus Nord N10 5G | Download
Before you proceed with the tutorial below, please make sure to download the Qualcomm driver and install it on your phone.
How to unbrick OnePlus Nord N10 5G with MSM Download Tool
Note: Please note that by following the tutorial below, you accept full responsibility for your actions. If something goes wrong or your phone stops working altogether, we shall not be held responsible. Please proceed at your own risk.
- Make sure to download the proper region version of MSM Download Tool. Extract the zip file.
- Double click on MSM Download Tool.exe to launch the flashing tool.
- A login panel will pop up. Under “User Type” select “Other” and click on Next. The main window of the tool will appear.
- Click on Start. The tool will automatically recognize the phone and flash the selected firmware when the phone is connected.
- Press and hold the power button to turn off your phone.
- Enter Qualcomm EDL mode. To do so, press and hold the volume up and volume down keys at the same time for around 40 seconds.
- Now connect your phone to your computer using the stock OnePlus cable.
- The tool will recognize the phone, flash the firmware, and automatically restart it. The entire process will last around 5 minutes.
Once the tool has successfully flashed the OxygenOS firmware on your OnePlus Nord N10 5G, the phone will automatically reboot. Your phone will be up and running like a new one.
This is the quickest and easiest way to unbrick your bricked OnePlus Nord N10 5G. If you have any questions or issues with the tutorial, please leave a comment down below.