If you have bricked your OnePlus Nord and cannot get the phone to boot up, you need to unbrick it. Nord comes with OxygenOS based on Android 10. As it is the case with every Android phone, the software that comes pre-installed on Nord can be modified and changed. Developers have been quick to release a TWRP custom recovery build for the phone. Furthermore, users can install various custom ROMs such as the Pixel Experience ROM.
The OnePlus Nord is the company’s latest budget phone. On the outside, it has a 6.44″ FLUID AMOLED display with a 90Hz refresh rate. There are two cameras on the front, a 32MP wide sensor, and an 8MP ultrawide sensor. There are four cameras on the back, a 48MP wide sensor, an 8MP ultrawide sensor, a 5MP depth sensor and a 2MP macro sensor for close up shots. On the inside, the phone has the Snapdragon 765G chipset with Adreno 620 GPU, 64/128/256GB of internal storage, 6/8/12GB of RAM storage. All of this is powered by a 4115 mAh non-removable battery.
For the majority of users, installing a ROM and modifying the software on the OnePlus Nord goes without any trouble. However, sometimes things go wrong and users can brick the phone during the process. When the phone is bricked, users cannot enter into Fastboot mode. Fastboot is used to restore the stock firmware of the OnePlus Nord. This means that the phone is completely unusable and you need to unbrick it to bring it back to life. For this scenario, MSM Download Tool is used. MSM Download Tool is a flashing tool that unbricks bricked OnePlus devices. It uses Qualcomm’s Emergency Download Mode to flash the stock firmware on the OnePlus Nord, and subsequently unbricking it.
Note: MSM Download Tool only works on Windows computers. This means that you cannot use the tool if you have a Mac or Linux machine. You need Windows 7, 8, or 10.
There are three variants of the tool, based on your region: European firmware (AC01BA), Indian firmware (AC01DA), and Global firmware (AC01AA). Furthermore, you need to download the Qualcomm driver in order for the computer to recognize your phone and trigger the EDL mode.
MSM Download Tool for OnePlus Nord:
- Indian firmware (AC01DA) | avicii_14_I.04_200717.zip
- Global firmware (AC01AA) | avicii_14_O.04_200717.zip
- European firmware (AC01BA) | avicii_14_E.04_200716.zip
Qualcomm EDL Driver for OnePlus Nord | Download
Before you proceed with the tutorial below, please make sure to download the Qualcomm driver and install it on your phone.
How to unbrick OnePlus Nord with MSM Download Tool
Note: Please note that by following the tutorial below, you accept full responsibility for your actions. If something goes wrong or your phone stops working altogether, we shall not be held responsible. Please proceed at your own risk.
- Make sure to download the proper region version of MSM Download Tool. Extract the zip file.
- Double click on MSM Download Tool V4.0.exe to launch the flashing tool.
- A login panel will pop up. Under “User Type” select “Other” and click on Next. The main window of the tool will appear.
- Under “Target” select:
- O2 for Global region,
- India for Indian region
- EU for European region
- Click on Start. The tool will automatically recognize the phone and flash the selected firmware when the phone is connected.
- Press and hold the power button to turn off your phone.
- Enter Qualcomm EDL mode. To do so, press and hold the volume up and volume down keys at the same time for around 40 seconds.
- Now connect your phone to your computer using the stock OnePlus cable.
- The tool will recognize the phone, flash the firmware, and automatically restart it. The entire process will last around 5 minutes.
Once the tool has successfully flashed the OxygenOS firmware on your OnePlus Nord, the phone will automatically reboot. Your phone will be up and running like new.
This is the quickest and easiest way to unbrick your bricked OnePlus Nord. If you have any questions or issues with the tutorial, please leave a comment down below.