Sony is testing a new user interface to use on Xperia devices. Until now, we are used to seeing a similar user interface to stock Android on Xperia phones, with a few modifications here and there from Sony. Now, the company is testing a completely new ROM and calls it Sony’s Android™ Concept. This is a new ROM with a redesigned graphical UI. Sony has chosen 500 Sony Xperia Z3 users to download and test the ROM.
If you are a Sony Xperia Z3 enthusiast and want to test the new Sony ROM but didn’t get chosen, recognized contributor Jozinek has released the ROM for the public. The ROM is based on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop and it is very similar to a stock AOSP Android ROM, such as CyanogenMod.
Sony’s Android Concept ROM is very fast and stable. It is a stock Android ROM with Sony features. This build does not include Stamina Mode, XPERIA themes or Screen recording but it does come with Music, Album and What’s New.
Install Sony’s Android Concept ROM on Xperia Z3
- Download FTF ROM (Android 5.1.1): D6603_Concept_Android.ftf
- Download Flashtool Windows/Linux/Max OSX (download)
- Download both the FTF ROM file and Flashtool, and move them to a single folder on your computer.
- Install Flashtool on your computer and move the FTF file to a folder called Firmware, located in the tool.
- Open Flashtool, click Flash and select the FTF ROM.
- Select OK,
- Turn the phone off and when a pop-up appears on Flashtool, connect your phone to your PC while holding the volume down key.
- Sony’s Android Concept ROM will be installed on your Xperia Z3.
Sony’s Concept ROM for the Xperia Z3 is very stable and can be used as a daily driver. There are no problems and the ROM has many Xperia features.