You can now download and install TWRP 3.4.0-0 on the Samsung Galaxy S10 5G variant. Developers over at TWRP have released the first working build for the Galaxy S10 5G (beyond2lte), for the Exynos variant of the phone.
Below you can find a detailed guide on how to download and install TWRP on the Samsung Galaxy S10 5G.
What is TWRP (TouchWiz Recovery Project)
TWRP is one of the most popular custom recoveries for Android phones. A big reason for this popularity is that developers frequently add new devices to their already huge database of phones.
- Install ZIP files (ROMs, kernels, mods, themes)
- Wipe data and perform a full factory reset
- Wipe cache and dalvik cache
- Backup all data (Nandroid backup – System, Data, Cache, Boot, EFS)
- Restore saved data through backup
- Fix permissions
- ADB sideload
- Terminal Command
TWRP makes it possible to customize the firmware of your phone by installing custom ROMs, kernels and various mods. It also makes it possible to improve the speed of the phones and reduce battery usage, thanks to its ability to flash custom kernels and files that modify the way the CPU behaves.
Before you proceed with the flashing tutorial, it is important to be prepared. This will avoid any possible issues such as the phone turning off or getting bricked.
- Make sure that your phone is charged to at least 60%. This ensures the phone will not accidentally turn off during the process.
- Make a full backup of the data on your phone. The process below involves unlocking the bootloader, which will delete everything on your phone.
- You need an external micro SD card, otherwise, you will not be able to flash the encryption disabler script.
- Go to Settings > Developer Options and enable USB Debugging and OEM unlock. This is very important.
- Download and install the proper USB drivers for the Galaxy S10 5G. If you don’t have the proper drivers, the computer will not recognize your phone.
How To Install TWRP 3.4.0-0 Recovery on Galaxy S10 5G
- Download the .tar file and move it to the internal storage of your phone.
- Press and hold the power button and select Power off.
- Turn off the phone and go into recovery mode. To do so on the Galaxy S10 5G, press and hold the Volume up + Power keys at the same time.
- Perform a factory reset while in recovery mode.
- Once the phone is off, press and hold the Volume Down + Power keys at the same time to go into Download Mode.
- Connect your Galaxy S10 5G to the computer using the provided cable.
- Launch Odin on your computer. The ID:COM box in Odin will turn blue. This means that the computer has recognized the device.
- Click on AP and select the downloaded .tar file.
- Once you have selected the file, make sure Auto Reboot is disabled while F. Reset Time is enabled.
- Click on Install. This will flash TWRP on your phone.
That is it. Now your Samsung Galaxy S10 5G will have TWRP installed. Now you can also root your phone with Magisk. If you are having any issues or problems, let us know below