If you like to customize your Xiaomi Poco M3 and have complete control over its firmware, then the first thing you should do is root it. You can root the Xiaomi Poco M3 by using Magisk, the most popular rooting tool for Android phones. Magisk enables root and allows you to completely customize the system of the phone. Furthermore, you can use modules with the help of Magisk Manager. There are different modules that serve different purposes that you can freely download and enable.
Below you have a detailed tutorial on how to root your Xiaomi Poco M3. You need to download the proper Magisk files, and you also need to have a custom recovery such as TWRP.
How To Root Xiaomi Poco M3 with Magisk
- Make sure that your phone is charged to at least 60%. This ensures the phone will not accidentally turn off during the process.
- Make a full backup of the data on your phone. If anything goes wrong during the process, your data will be safe.
- A custom recovery is required. We suggest using TWRP.
Topjohnwu has released Magisk v21.1 and Magisk Manager 8.0.3 APK which add support for Android 11.
- Magisk v21 and Magisk Manager 8.0.3 APK | Download
Steps to flash Magisk on Xiaomi Poco M3
- Download the Magisk v21.1 ZIP file and Magisk Manager 8.0.3 to the internal storage of your phone.
- Press and hold the power button to turn off your Poco M3.
- Press and hold the volume up and power buttons to boot into recovery mode.
- While in recovery, tap on Install and select the Magisk v21 ZIP file.
- Swipe to flash the file.
- Reboot your phone.
Once the phone boots up, open the File Manager and install the Magisk Manager 8.0.3 app.
Now that you have installed Magisk on your Poco M3, you can later update Magisk directly from the Magisk Manager app. If you want to update to another version of the firmware, also patch it through Magisk Manager first, and then flash it. With Magisk you can now enjoy all root benefits plus Magisk’s module system.