If you like to customize your Samsung Galaxy A02s and have complete control over its firmware, then the first thing you should do is root it. You can root the Samsung Galaxy A02s with model number SM-A025F, SM-A025G by using Magisk, the most popular rooting tool for Android phones. Magisk enables root and allows you to completely customize the system of the phone. Furthermore, you can use modules with the help of Magisk Manager. There are different modules that serve different purposes that you can freely download and enable.
Samsung continues to make it difficult for users to root their devices. For example, you cannot flash custom binaries by default. You need to unlock the bootloader first, which will wipe all data. KNOX is also something to be kept in mind. KNOX counter gets tripped when custom binaries are flashed. This avoids the warranty in certain countries.
Below you have a detailed tutorial on how to root your Samsung Galaxy A02s. You will need to unlock the bootloader, patch the firmware, and install Magisk. If you get stuck in any of the steps of the tutorial, leave a comment down below and we will assist you.
How To Root Samsung Galaxy A02s with Magisk
Installing Magisk on your phone is done in three steps. The first step is to unlock the bootloader and make it accept unofficial images, the second step is to patch the firmware and flash it through Odin, and the last step is to correctly boot the phone with Magisk installed.
Before you go ahead with the tutorial below, please read all of the warnings below. Do not proceed if you do not want KNOX to be triggered or if you do not want your data to be erased. NaldoTech shall not be held responsible if anything wrong happens with your phone.
- This process will wipe your phone. When you unlock the bootloader for the first time to install Magisk, a full data wipe will be performed. Please make a data backup before you continue, otherwise, you will lose all of the data.
- Installing Magisk on your Galaxy A02s will trigger KNOX. This is an indicator that shows whether the firmware has been tampered with or not. Some stores will refuse warranty service if KNOX is tripped.
- Make sure that your phone is charged to at least 60%. This ensures the phone will not accidentally turn off during the process.
- Make a full backup of the data on your phone. The process below involves unlocking the bootloader, which will delete everything on your phone.
- Download and install the proper USB drivers for the Galaxy A02s. If you don’t have the proper drivers, the computer will not recognize your phone.
Step 1: Unlock the Galaxy A02s Bootloader
Samsung has introduced a new service called VaultKeeper. This means that you won’t be able to flash custom binaries or unofficial partitions unless VaultKeeper allows it. As a result, you need to unlock the bootloader before you proceed with the next step. Follow this article to learn how to unlock the bootloader on the Samsung Galaxy A02s.
Step 2: Patching the firmware with Magisk
There are two methods to patch the firmware. It depends on your phone’s Ramdisk info.
- Download and install the latest Magisk v22 APK and latest stock firmware for your Samsung Galaxy A02s.
- Once you have downloaded the firmware, extract the firmware. You will see five files.
- Copy the AP .tar file and paste it to the internal storage of your phone.
- Open the Magisk app and go to Install > Install > Select and Patch a file.
- The AP .tar file will be patched, and the new file image will be stored under Internal Storage/Download/magisk_patched.tar.
- Extract the patched image to retrieve a number of new files. From all the files, copy boot.img and move it to a new folder on your computer.
- Extract the original non-patched firmware. Copy recovery.img.lz4 and vbmeta.img.lz4 to the same folder where you put the boot image.
- Create a .tar file using the three files. You can use any programs for this, such as 7zip.
Step 3: Flashing patched Magisk image
- Download Odin flashing tool. We will use Odin to flash the patched image.
- Turn off your phone and go into download mode.
- On Odin, click on AP and select the .tar file that you created. Uncheck “Auto Reboot” and click on Install.
- When the installation process is finished, press and hold the volume down and power buttons at the same time to reboot the phone.
- When the screen turns off, immediately press the volume up and power buttons.
- Release the buttons when the Unlocked Bootloader warning appears. Tap on the Power button to skip the warning.
- The phone will now go into recovery mode. There, select Wipe Data / Factory Reset.
- Restart the phone.
Now that you have installed Magisk on your Galaxy A02s, you need to install the Magisk APK file one more time. That is it! You have successfully rooted your phone.