If you like to customize your OnePlus Nord N10 5G and have complete control over its firmware, then the first thing you should do is root it. You can root the OnePlus Nord N10 5G by using Magisk, the most popular rooting tool for Android phones. Magisk enables root and allows you to completely customize the system of the phone. Furthermore, you can use modules with the help of Magisk Manager. There are different modules that serve different purposes that you can freely download and enable.
Below you have a detailed tutorial on how to root your OnePlus Nord N10 5G. You will need to unlock the bootloader, patch the firmware, and install Magisk. If you get stuck in any of the steps of the tutorial, leave a comment down below and we will assist you.
How To Root OnePlus Nord N10 5G with Magisk
Installing Magisk on your phone is done in two steps. The first step is to unlock the bootloader and make it accept unofficial images, the second step is to extract boot.img file and flash it on your Nord N10 5G.
- This process will wipe your phone. When you unlock the bootloader for the first time to install Magisk, a full data wipe will be performed. Please make a data backup before you continue, otherwise, you will lose all of the data.
Step 1: Unlock the Nord N10 5G Bootloader
Android phones come with a locked bootloader, including the OnePlus Nord N10 5G. A locked bootloader means you cannot flash custom images and root the phone. As a result, you need to unlock the bootloader before you proceed with the next step. Follow this article to learn how to unlock the bootloader on the OnePlus Nord N10 5G.
Step 2: Flash Magisk-patched boot image
There are two methods to patch the boot image. The first method is to manually extract the image and then patch it using Magisk Manager. The second method is to use a boot image that has already been pre-patched. In this tutorial, you will follow the second method.
- OTA ROM: OnePlusN10Oxygen_14.E.08_OTA_008_all.zip
- Magisk patched boot image: magisk_patched.10.5.8.BE89BA.zip
- OTA ROM: OnePlusN10Oxygen_14.E.07_OTA_007_all.zip
- Magisk patched boot image: magisk_patched_10.5.7.BE89BA.zip
- Download the Magisk patched boot image from the download link above.
- Connect your phone to your computer, and from a CMD window command. enter the following command:
fastboot boot magisk_patched.img
- This will boot the image once. Verify that everything is working fine, including Wi-Fi. If you have the wrong image, Wi-Fi will not work.
- Once you have made sure that everything is working as expected, execute the following command:
fastboot flash boot magisk_patched.img
- Download and install the latest Magisk Manager APK.
That is it, Now that you have installed Magisk on your Nord N10 5G, you can later update Magisk directly from the Magisk Manager app. If you want to update to another version of the firmware, also patch it through Magisk Manager first, and then flash it. With Magisk you can now enjoy all root benefits plus Magisk’s module system.