Developers have finally managed to patch the boot image of the OnePlus 7 Pro and root it. If you want to root your OnePlus 7 Pro, go ahead and follow the tutorial below. The OnePlus Pro has a 6.67” Fluid AMOLED 90 HZ display with a resolution of 1440 x 3120 pixels, 7nm Snapdragon 855 chipset with Adreno 640 GPU, 128GB/256GB internal memory, 6GB/8GB/12GB of RAM storage, tripe camera layout on the back (48MP f/1.6, 16MP f/2.2, 8MP f/2.4), a single motorized 16MP f/2.0 front-facing camera, and a non-removable 4000 mAh battery.
OnePlus devices have a lot of development support. Many developers actively create and build custom ROMs and kernels. They also create various mods to further enhance the user experience of OnePlus’ Oxygen OS. In order to take full advantage of the power of the OnePlus 7 Pro, the first thing you should do is to root it. Root gives the user full access to the OS of the device and allows modifications to the software. Follow the guide below to learn how to root your phone.
Why Root OnePlus 7 Pro
Root is one of the most important features of the Android OS. It removes any limitation that the phone has. You can completely modify the way the software of the phone behaves. You can remove all of the bloatware that comes with the phone, perform system-wide backups, manually flash updates (no need to wait for OTA notifications), install custom ROMs. You can also improve the performance of the phone by overclocking the chipset or improve battery life by underclocking it.
- Make sure to charge your phone to at least 60%. A charged battery will prevent the phone from accidentally turning off if something goes wrong during the rooting process.
- Unlocking the bootloader of your phone will wipe all data such as apps, music, photos, and videos. Please make a full backup of important data before proceeding below.
- Download and install the proper USB and ADB drivers for the OnePlus 7 Pro.
Download required files
- OOS 9.5.4 Patched [EU Version/1913]
- OOS 9.5.4 Patched [Global | Indian Version /1917 | 1911]
- Latest version of Magisk Manager | Download
How To Root OnePlus 7 Pro with Magisk Tool
The OnePlus 7 Pro comes with a locked bootloader by default. The rooting process requires an unlocked bootloader. Follow the guide below to learn how to unlock the bootloader of your OnePlus 7 Pro before proceeding to root it with Magisk.
Once you have unlocked the bootloader of your phone, proceed with the tutorial below.
Steps to root OnePlus 7 Pro
- Make sure to download the right patched boot image based on your phone’s version.
- Download Magisk Manager file from the download link above. Go to file manager and install the APK file.
- Press and hold the Power button and tap on Power off.
- Once the phone is off, press and hold Volume up + Power buttons at the same time. Release them when the phone goes in fastboot mode.
- Launch the ADB terminal on your computer. Execute the following command:
fastboot flash boot boot_patched.img
- Once the patched boot image file has been installed, execute the following command:
- The phone will reboot and boot up in a moment.
- Launch Magisk and install it one more time.
Congratulations. You have just rooted your OnePlus 7 Pro using Magisk. You can now enjoy all the features of Magisk including system modules.