Follow this guide to learn how to wipe data and perform a full factory reset on the OnePlus Nord CE 5G.
Most of the time, the OnePlus Nord CE 5G is a fast and snappy phone. However, there are times when the phone doesn’t respond as it should. There are times when the phone becomes slow, apps start to force close and the overall experience becomes bad. If your OnePlus Nord CE 5G is acting the same, then a factory reset will most probably solve the issue.
How To Wipe Data and Factory Reset on the OnePlus Nord CE 5G
Why reset your OnePlus Nord CE 5G
The OnePlus Nord CE 5G runs almost everything with no lag. However, the Android system might slow down and decrease the speed of the phone to the point where it becomes unusable. In this case, a factory reset is recommended. A reset will delete everything on your phone including junk and outdated data that might slow down the phone. After a factory reset, the phone will be brand new and as fast as it was before.
Another reason to wipe data is to escape from a boot loop. An Android phone goes into a boot loop when users install a custom ROM which is different from the old ROM. The only solution to this is to wipe data.
OnePlus Nord CE 5G Reset – Factory reset through settings
This method is very popular because you do not have to turn off your phone. All you have to do is go to the settings menu and choose the option which deletes everything.
- Unlock your phone and go to Settings.
- Scroll down and tap on System and choose Reset options.
- From all the options, tap on Erase all data (factory reset).
- Check the “Erase Internal Storage” option if you want to delete images, pictures, videos, and everything on your phone.
- Tap on Erase all data.
- The phone will warn you that everything will be deleted from the internal storage. Tap on Confirm.
This will delete everything on your phone, including your Google account, system apps and data, installed applications, music, pictures, and all other user data.
2. OnePlus Nord CE 5G Reset – Factory Reset through Recovery Mode
This method requires you to go to recovery mode in order to wipe data and perform a factory reset. This is particularly useful when your phone is stuck in a boot loop and you cannot reset your phone through the first method.
- Press and hold the power and volume up buttons on your OnePlus Nord CE 5G. Tap on Power off.
- Once the phone is completely off, press and hold the volume down + power keys at the same time. Keep them pressed until you see the OnePlus logo.
- Select the language. The phone will enter recovery mode shortly.
- While in recovery, tap on Wipe data and cache.
- Then tap on Erase everything
- Confirm that you want to delete all data.
All the data from the OnePlus Nord CE 5G will be erased. Once the reset process is finished, restart your phone. The phone will boot up and it will be like new. It will ask you to go through the setup process.