The Xiaomi Redmi K20 has received the first official build of LineageOS 17.1. The Xiaomi Redmi K20, also known as Mi 9T in different markets, can now enjoy the pure stock Android 10 experience. LineageOS 17.1 is based on the open-source AOSP source code, which means it is the best ROM if you want good performance and no pre-installed bloatware apps.
This build of LineageOS 17.1 supports both the Redmi K20 and Mi 9T. For technical purposes, they are the same phone, but have different names in different markets. The build is maintained by “Pig” and supports the following models:
Carefully follow the guide below to learn how to download and install the LineageOS 17.1 ROM on your Redmi K20 and Mi 9T.
What is LineageOS 17.1 ROM
LineageOS is a custom ROM that can be installed on many Android devices. It based on Google’s AOSP (Android Open Source Project) and it offers the stock Android experience. The advantage of LineageOS is that offers additional features besides the simple stock Android experience.
It offers other helpful applications such as AudioFX, a lightweight browser, and Trebuchet, a highly customizable launcher. Furthermore, LineageOS offers features such as system profiles, lock screen customization, root access, expanded desktop, custom button placement, LiveDisplay, Protected Apps, PIN scramble, custom pattern sizes, call recording and more.
How To Install LineageOS 17.1 on Xiaomi Redmi K20 / Mi 9T
Note: You are about to install a custom ROM on your Android phone. This process is routine and is done frequently by power users with no negative effect. Please carefully follow each step of the tutorial. We are not held responsible if you damage or brick your phone. Please proceed at your own risk.
- Backup everything on your phone before you do anything. A factory reset is always recommended when installing a new ROM, especially if the old ROM is not the same as the old one.
- Charge your phone to at least 60%. In case something goes wrong and the phone gets stuck, it will not turn off due to low battery.
- Make sure you have a custom recovery installed. TWRP is the recommended recovery for ROM installation. Additionally, you can install Lineage recovery.
Install LineageOS 17.1 on Redmi K20 – Step by step
- Download all the necessary files and transfer them to the internal storage of your Redmi K20.
- Press and hold the power button. Tap on power off to turn off the phone.
- Hold and press the volume up + power buttons at the same time. Release them when the “MI” logo appears on the screen.
- Before you flash the ROM, you need to wipe data. To do so, tap on Factory Reset, and then tap on Format data / factory reset. This will delete all the data stored in the internal storage. It will also format the cache partition.
- Tap on Install and select the downloaded LinageOS 17.1 ROM file. Swipe to flash. Wait for the ROM to be installed.
- Go back and tap on Install once again. Select the Gapps package. Swipe to flash. This will install some of the Google applications on the phone.
- Reboot your phone.
The first boot will take a few minutes. This is normal and happens every time after a clean install. That is all. You have successfully flashed LineageOS 17.1 on your Redmi K20 and Mi 9T. Leave a comment down below if you have any questions.