The long-awaited Xposed framework has finally landed to Android 5.0 Lollipop! There were a lot of rumors regarding the fact if Xposed would ever come to Lollipop or not. One of the biggest changes of Lollipop was the introduction of ART as the default runtime system. This environment makes the phone run faster and apps launch quicker. The only problem is that all apps must be updated to support the new architecture. And that requires a lot of work.
One of the programs that is a real pain to get updated to fully support Android Lollipop is Xposed. Xposed is one of the most popular and used frameworks in the Android world. It allows you to customize your phone without having to install complicated mods. You simply have to install the framework and all activate all the modules you want.
Because it has to do with system customization, it is harder for the developer to make Xposed work on Lollipop compared to other, less-complex apps. After many months of debate and endless leaks, a working build of Xposed framework has been released by the official developer of the mod, “rovo89”.
If you have a phone running on Android Lollipop and you want to install the framework, you have to follow the guide below because many things have changed. The developer states that this build is currently in “Alpha” state so it will not work for everyone. It might work for some users and for some it might not work.
How to download and install Xposed framework and modules on Android 5.0 Lollipop
Please note that this is in Alpha stage. NaldoTech shall not be held responsible for anything that can happen to your device. Even though this should work without any problems, there is a small risk that your phone can get damaged so proceed at your own risk.
How to install
- Download the APK and zip file and move them both to your phone.
- Go to settings and disable “Unknown Sources”.
- Navigate to the download folder and install Xposed Installer APK file.
- Open the app and go to “Framework”. The usual option which allows you to download and install the framework is grayed out. A red text says that you have to manually flash the framework through recovery at the moment.
- Turn the phone off and go to recovery mode.
- From there, navigate to the download mode and choose the Xposed ARM zip file and flash it.
Wait for a while for the phone to boot up. Once it is up and running, open Xposed Installer and activate all the modules you want. Enjoy happy customizing using Xposed framework on Android Lollipop.