LG’s latest beast, the LG G4 comes with a 5.5″ IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen with resolution of 1440 x 2560 pixels, Corning Gorilla Glass 3, Android 5.1 Lollipop (soon to be updated to Android M), Qualcomm Snapdragon 808 processor with Adreno 418 GPU for excellent gaming performance, 3 GB RAM for better multitasking, 16 MP main camera and 8 MP front camera as well as a 3000 mAh battery.
With these specifications, the LG G4 is the ideal device for many people, not forgetting about the premium leather back. But to get full advantage of the LG G4 system, a custom recovery is required. With a custom recovery you can install ROMs, kernels, mods and much more to enhance the OS.
TWRP, the most popular custom recovery for Android devices has now reached the LG G4. TWRP is a powerful and very flexible recovery which can flash zip files (ROMs & mods), make and restore a full Nandroid system backup, wipe data and perform a factory reset.
How To Install TWRP Recovery on LG G4 (H815)
Follow this detailed guide on how to install TWRP recovery on the international variant of the LG G4 (H815). Both the methods below require root access. If no root access is granted, TWRP will not be installed.
There are two methods of installing TWRP on the LG G4 and both require root access and unlocked bootloader.
- Head over to the Play Store and install TWRP Manager app (link).
- Open the app and tap on Install TWRP.
- Find the device from the list. The model number of the LG G4 is H815.
- Find your device and press the Install Recovery button.
- Download the latest TWRP .img file for the LG G4: twrp-220.127.116.11-h815.img.
- Move the .img file in the root of the internal storage of your phone.
- Install ADB Shell or Terminal Emulator from the Play Store.
- Execute the following code:
dd if=/sdcard/twrp.img of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/recovery
You can also flash the TWRP .img from your PC. Simply put your phone in bootloader mode and run the following code:
fastboot boot twrp-18.104.22.168-h815.img
That is all you need to do. TWRP will be installed on your LG G4 and you can start flashing ROMs. If you experience any issues let us know below.