CyanogenMod 12S Lollipop ROM has made its way to Yu Yureka, a fast and affordable device. Originally coming with CyanogenMod 11S, the phone has just received the official CM12S ROM by Cyanogen. If you have already updated to Lollipop, you know that you cannot use TWRP custom recovery or any other software programs on the phone.
If you love flashing ROMs and kernels, a custom recovery is a must have. It allows you to easily install ROMs and even perform system Nandroid backups. If any problems occur during the installation process, the TWRP recovery will restore the backup and fix any possible problem.
Even though it has been only a few days since CyanogenMod 12S became available, TWRP recovery has already been released for Yu Yureka on Lollipop. Even though it is on early stages, everything is working. You can flash files and make full system backups.
How To Install TWRP Custom Recovery on Yu Yureka (CyanogenMod 12S)
Warning: This variant of TWRP works on CyanogenMod 12S ROM only and it is for Yu Yureka only. Do not try installing the recovery on KitKat or any other devices. We shall not be held responsible for any damages caused to your phone. You have been warned!
- Download and install ADB drivers for your phone. This will allow your phone to communicate with the phone and send the proper commands.
- On your phone, navigate to Settings > About Phone and tap seven times on the build number to activate “Developer Options”. Go back and go to “Developer Options” and enable USB Debugging.
- Download TWRP IMG file and UI.zip.
- Using a file manager, created a folder named TWRP. Create another folder inside named theme and move UI.zip file there.
- Turn the phone off and boot into fastboot mode.
- Move recovery_yutwrp64.img to the ADB folder and open CMD.
- Execute the following code:
fastboot -i 0x1ebf flash recovery recovery_yutwrp64.img
- Once the recovery finishes installing, reboot your phone.
Now you can boot into TWRP recovery and start flashing mods on your Yu Yureka running on CyanogenMod 12S ROM.
i had tried but no results.. yureka 5.0.2