The official Samsung Galaxy S9 TouchWiz launcher is available online for users to install. Ever since the release of the Galaxy S9, many applications have been extracted from the Oreo system dump of the phone, including the messaging app, weather widget, browser, Always ON display and more. You can click here to check the full list of the apps that have been released.
The TouchWiz launcher that comes with the Galaxy S9 has been one of the most requested applications from many Samsung users. It has been redesigned slightly to fit with the new Android 8.0 Oreo UI of Samsung’s brand new Experience 9.0. Now, the launcher is one of the apps that is available for all users to download and try out on their devices.
How To Install Samsung Galaxy S9 TouchWiz Launcher on all Samsung Phones
Note: It has been reported that the S9 launcher works on stock Oreo TouchWiz firmware only. It may or may not work on Nougat. It will not work on other ROMs such as stock AOSP Android.
Method 1 – Zip Flashing
- Download S9 zip file: [S9]Touchwiz_Launcher.zip
- Download the zip file and move it over to your phone’s storage.
- Turn off the phone and boot into recovery mode. You need a custom recovery such as TWRP.
- While in recovery, select “Install”, find the downloaded zip file and select it.
- Swipe to flash the file.
- Reboot your phone.
If you do not have a custom recovery, you can try to install the APK file itself.
Method 2 – Installing APK file
- Download S9 APK file: Samsung_GalaxyS9_TouchWizHome_Launcher.apk
- Download the APK file and move it to your phone’s storage.
- Make sure you have enabled Unknown Sources.
- Tap on the APK file and install it.
- Restart your phone.
Enjoy the brand new Galaxy S9 TouchWiz launcher on your Samsung phone. If you have any issues or questions let us know below!