The Samsung Galaxy S9+ ROM has been ported to the Galaxy S8 and S8+ with all the applications and software features that you might want. The Galaxy S9 is the latest flagship by Samsung and one of the most powerful Android devices. It comes with the latest Exynos or Snapdragon chipset for the best performance on the Android platform. It also comes with Android 8.0 Oreo, based on Samsung Experience 9.0. And now you can flash the S9 ROM on your Galaxy S8.
Thanks to the tireless developers over the forums (AlexisXDA), the full Galaxy S9 experience can be enjoyed by S8 owners. The ROM is based on the official S9 Oreo firmware with March security patches. It comes with dual speaker surround sound mod, app lock support, Air Message, CSC selection, 60 fps QHD video recording, ultra data saving mode as well as screen recording abilities.
Furthermore, it comes with Magisk 16.2 pre-installed. This means the ROM is rooted and has full root access to all applications that need such privileges. A custom kernel is available onboard for enhanced performance and reduced battery usage. Aroma Installer is included, so you can choose which apps and features you want.
How To Install Samsung Galaxy S9+ Oreo ROM Port on Galaxy S8 and S8+
The S9 ROM port works on the European, Indian variants of the Galaxy S8 and S8+.
- Galaxy S8: SM-G950F, SM-G950FD
- Galaxy S8 Plus: SM-G955F, SM-G955FD
Before you continue with the installation process, you need to install a custom recovery such as TWRP. The ROM can be installed with a custom recovery only.
- Make sure to make a full backup of your phone before proceeding with the installation process. You will lose your data.
- Install a custom recovery. TWRP is recommended.
- If this is the first time doing something like this, you will trip KNOX counter and void your warranty.
- Charge the battery to at least 50% so the phone does not turn off if it gets stuck.
- Galaxy S9 ROM Port: ALEXISROM_OREO_3.0_S9PORT.zip
- Frame-res fix: Frame-res_Fix_AR3.0.zip
- 60fps QHD video recording mod: cammod_magisk.zip
Download all the files. If you downloaded them on your PC, transfer them to your phone.
- Turn off your phone. Press the power, home or Bixby, and volume down buttons at the same time to boot into recovery.
- While in recovery, make a full backup of the phone. The backup will be useful if you do not like the ROM and decide to go back.
- Wipe data. Perform a full factory reset and wipe cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to “Install” and select the S9 ROM port. Swipe to flash it.
- Reboot your phone. Once it boots up, turn it off again.
- Go into recovery mode again, and flash the two other files.
Now reboot the phone for the last time and enjoy the Galaxy S9 ROM on your Galaxy S8 or S8+.