MIUI 10.2.2 ROM has just been released for the Xiaomi Poco F1. After a period of beta testing, the update is now available to Pocophone users. The update is part of the Global Stable program and can be obtained through OTA.
MIUI 10.2.2 Global Stable brings a few welcomed improvements over MIUI 10.1.30. According to the update page, MIUI V10.2.2.0 (Stable 311M) introduces 960FPS videos and better low light mode.
- 960FPS videos: Now you can record videos with a frame rate of 960FPS. A frame rate this high means super slow motion videos to capture every moment of an event in detail.
- Low light mode: The update brings enhanced low light mode. This mode tries to be similar to Google’s Night Sight mode. It means that pictures taken in low light situations are of higher quality after the new update.
- Updated Security Patch: Lastly but also very important is the updated Android Security Patch to January version. It includes all the new security fixes.
How To Download and Install MIUI 10.2.2 on Xiaomi Poco F1
Note: The update has been released officially, so it should come to your phone fairly quickly. You can also download the OTA zip file and flash it manually. If you do so, please proceed at your own risk.
If your phone has MIUI 10.1.30, download the first file and install it. Otherwise, if you have another version, follow the guide below to flash the full ROM file using the local updater feature.
How To Install MIUI 10.2.2 ROM
Note: Please make sure to make a backup of important files and apps because the update can reset your phone.
- Download the second file and move it to the internal storage of your phone.
- Go to Settings and select About Phone.
- Select the first option that says System Update.
- Tap on the three dots at the top and select Choose update package.
- Find and select the downloaded ROM file.
- The phone will check the file and will ask for permission to install the update. Grant the permissions.
The phone will start the update process to MIUI 10.2.2. Once the update is installed, the phone will automatically reboot.
This is not all though. The general manager over at POCO India has confirmed that 4K 60FPS recording will come in a stable release in February. Stay tuned for that update!