Recently, Samsung added new themes to the Theme Store for the Samsung Galaxy S6 and Samsung Galaxy S6 edge. One of these themes is Material Design, which turns your Galaxy S6 into a pure stock Vanilla phone. Everything is similar to a phone running on a stock AOSP ROM.
The Galaxy S6 Theme Store has seen millions of theme downloads lately and this has pushed the company to get new developers to publish more themes. The Material Design theme has been around unofficially for a few weeks but installing it wasn’t very easy. You had to download and apply another theme from the store and then you had to flash a zip file.
The official theme from store is much easier to install. You have to go to the store, download the official Material Design theme and apply it. You will get the full pure stock Android experience. Here’s how to apply it on your phone.
Install Material Design Theme on Galaxy S6
- Go to the home screen on your phone.
- Long press on the page to open the launcher menu.
- Go to “Themes”.
- There will be three themes available. Tap on “Theme Store”.
- You will find the Material Design theme under “This week’s new themes” or “Themes for man”.
- Tap on the theme and press “Install”.
- Once the theme finishes downloading, select “Apply”.
Now the theme will be applied on your phone and you will have Material Design experience on the Galaxy S6.