The SkyDragon team, which is behind the most popular ROM for the HTC One M8 has made another release, this time based on the HTC One M9. The team has just announced the latest version of the ROM, which is based on Android 5.0 Lollipop and the latest Sense 7.0 skin that comes on the HTC One M9.
Since the moment of the HTC One M9 announcement event, developers have received endless requests from One M8 users to create a new ROM which will bring the brand new HTC One M9 Sense 7.0 experience to their devices. The developers of the SkyDragon have done so even before the official announcement of the phone, thanks to ROM leaks of Sense 7.0.
Fortunately, developers didn’t leave their users waiting for a long time and decided to release the ROM for the public. Besides featuring the latest and the best Android 5.0 Lollipop experience, the SkyDragon ROM also brings all the new elements presented on Sense 7.0.
Some of them being new themes, icon packs, wallpapers, smart widget (home, work, out), new camera app and UI, new picture editor, TouchPal keyboard, Peel Smart Remote. Dolby Audio Surround Sound technology is implement for the best audio experience. But these are only Sense 7.0 exlusive features.
The ROM includes some SkyDragon optimizations too. There is a new Aroma installer, custom kernel, deleted HTC bloat apps, latest version of Titanium Backup and external SD card write support. If you are thinking about battery life, do not worry. The ROM offers the best battery life and fastest performance possible.
The best thing about this ROM is that it supports quite a few of One M8 variants like the Dev edition, T-Mobile, India, Asia, Hong Kong, Verizon, 3G UK, Rogers and Bell.
How To Install One M9 SkyDragon Sense 7.0 Lollipop ROM on HTC One M8
Enable USB Debugging from the developer options menu.
Install a custom recovery to flash the ROM
Download Sense 7.0 HTC One M8 ROM: link
- Connect your phone to your computer and move the ROM file to your One M8. Make sure you have some free space left because the ROM zip size is 1.3 GB.
- Once you have moved the ROM to your phone, press the power button to shut it down.
- Press the volume down and power buttons at the same time. When the HTC logo shows up, release the power button but keep pressing the volume button. This will put the HTC One M8 in bootloader mode.
- There, you have a few options to choose from. Press the volume buttons to highlight and select “Recovery”.
- The phone will turn off and reboot into recovery mode.
- There, make a full wipe and factory reset.
- Go to “Install zip file”, choose the ROM and press OK.
This will start the installation process of the SkyDragon Sense 7.0. Android 5.0 Lollipop ROM on the HTC One M8.