Many Samsung devices have received a small taste of Samsung Galaxy S8’s experience. Many developers from different forums have created custom ROMs based on the all new Galaxy S8 DreamUX TouchWiz firmware. Samsung phones such as the Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S6 are enjoying full S8 features and apps thanks to these ROMs.
A developer has published the first Galaxy S8 ROM build for the Galaxy S5. While being more than three years old, the Galaxy S5 continues to receive regular support from enthusiastic developers who keep the phone up-to-date with the latest features and apps.
The ROM has all the bells and whistles of Samsung’s latest flagship. It comes with all S8 goodies, such as launcher, weather, video, and more.
How To Install Galaxy S8 DreamUX ROM Port on Galaxy S5
This is the perfect ROM if you want a complete S8 experience. The ROM comes with a complete app pack such as Galaxy S8 launcher, weather widget, video, S Browser, voice recorder, keyboard, fonts, sounds, and much more.
It is based on the latest firmware. It is rooted with SuperSU 2.79, debloated, deodexed and comes with Boeffla kernel for improved battery life and performance.
The ROM is designed to work on Snapdragon variants of the Galaxy S5. Here are the supported variants.
- SCL23 (Japan)
- SC-04 (Japan)
If you have any of the variants mentioned above, you can continue with the installation process.
Download required files
- Make sure to install TWRP. Check out the link above and read the part about installing TWRP on your phone.
- Download the S8 DreamUX ROM and move it over to your phone.
- Press and hold the power button to turn off your phone.
- Press and hold the volume up, home and power keys at the same time. This will boot the phone into recovery mode.
- Wipe data, cache and perform a factory reset. This will ensure a clean and problem-free installation.
- Go to “Install Zip” and choose the ROM file. Swipe to the left to flash the file.
Once the installation process is over, reboot your phone. The first boot will take a while since it is a fresh installation of a custom ROM. Once the phone boots up, you will be greeted with the new Galaxy S8 user experience and interface. Enjoy.