The latest mod created on the forums allows you to download and install the official Samsung Galaxy S6 Touchwiz launcher on the Samsung Galaxy S5, Galaxy S4, Galaxy Note 3 and other Samsung devices running on stock Android 5.0 Lollipop Touchwiz firmware.
The Samsung Galaxy is the latest device from Samsung and is considered by many as the reboot of the Galaxy S line. It has nothing to do with the previous variants. It includes a brand new aluminum frame with premium materials, non-removable back cover and a redesigned and lighter Touchwiz firmware.
Active developers over at XDA forums have been able to take the Samsung Galaxy S6 Touchwiz launcher and port it to other Samsung devices, including the Galaxy S5, Galaxy S4 and Galaxy Note 3. The ported version is the same one as you would find on a Galaxy S6 device.
If you aren’t able to buy the latest Samsung Galaxy S6 phone, do not worry. You can transform your older Galaxy phone into a Galaxy S6 by installing all the ported applications. This round is time for the Galaxy S6 Touchwiz launcher.
How To Install Samsung Galaxy S6 Launcher on Galaxy S5, Galaxy S4 & Note 3
For this method to work, you will need root access and a root file explorer like Root Explorer or ES File Manager. Fortunately, a custom recovery is not required this time.
- Download Samsung Galaxy S6 Touchwiz launcher zip file: TouchWizHome_ZERO_Albe95.zip.
- Download the zip file on your phone and extract it. You will get a folder called TouchWizHome_Zero.
- There is an APK file called TouchWizHome_ZERO.apk and a folder lib.
- Open your file manager and go to System > Priv-App > TouchWizHome_K.
- Delete everything that you find inside there and move the new APK file and the new folder.
Reboot your phone and you will be greeted with the Galaxy S6 TouchWiz launcher on your Galaxy S5, Galaxy S4 and Note 3.