After the Nexus 6P, the Nexus 5X is the next Nexus device to receive the first CyanogenMod 13 nightly build. A few days ago CyanogenMod released a list of devices receiving CyanogenMod 13 builds. Nor the Nexus 6P or the 5X were in the list.
But now, the CM team has added support for the Google Nexus 5X by providing the first official CM13 nightly build. The ROM is designed for the Nexus 5x (bullhead). While this build is the most stable ROM you can find, it is ‘nightly’. This means there are possible bugs and various issues can appear from time to time, although rarely.
There are many reasons to switch from stock Marshmallow to CyanogenMod on your Nexus 5X. You get better performance thanks to under-the-hood improvements and extra CyanogenMod-exclusive features which boost productivity.
How To Install CyanogenMod 13 Nightly on Nexus 5X
You will need a few things in order to successfully flash CM13 on your Nexus 5X. First of all, you need to download the CyanogenMod 13 ROM. Once you have done that, you also need to download Marshmallow Gapps because the ROM itself does not have any Google apps pre-installed. If you are on a stock recovery, you also need to install a custom recovery.
1. Make sure you have transferred both files, the ROM and Gapps to your phone.
2. Press and hold the power button to turn your Nexus 5X off.
3. Then go into recovery mode. Use your preferred method to do so.
4. Make a system backup before doing anything else.
5. Make a factory reset. Wipe data and cache.
6. Flash the CyanogenMod 13 zip file and then Marshmallow Gapps.
Go back and reboot your phone. The first boot will take a few minutes so be patient. Enjoy the enhanced Marshmallow firmware.