All Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100 users can now enjoy Android 5.1 Lollipop through CyanogenMod 12.1 custom ROM. The Samsung Galaxy Note 2 is the second generation of the Note line and it is the device that blew up Samsung’s sales.
Even though it was the device that made Samsung sales rise, the company is not showing a lot of support for this device. After updating its latest devices to Android 5.0 Lollipop, Samsung is struggling to do the same with older devices, a good example being the Galaxy Note 2.
The Note 2 is stuck on Android 4.4.2 KitKat because Samsung hasn’t even released an Android 5.0 Lollipop build, let alone Android 5.1. Do not worry though. Developers over at XDA have made sure the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 receives and enjoys the latest version of Android, even though not officially.
Senior member “Ivan_Meler” has done a great job giving all Galaxy Note 2 users the chance of experiencing Android 5.1 Lollipop thanks to CyanogenMod 12.1 custom ROM. You do not have to wait for an official build from Samsung to enjoy Android 5.1 on your Note 2. Follow the guide below to learn how to install it on your phone.
How To Install CyanogenMod 12.1 Android 5.1 Lollipop Custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100
Even though CyanogenMod 12.1 custom ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 is not official, every important feature of the system is working including camera, sensors, WiFi, Bluetooth, NFC, rotation, home button wake, RIL and GPS.
Note: You will also need a custom recovery. We recommend TWRP.
Installing CM12.1 on Galaxy Note 2
- Make sure that both files have been downloaded correctly and none of them is corrupted. The installation process will fail if any of the zip files turns out to be corrupted.
- If the files are located on your PC, connect the phone using a USB cable and transfer the files to the internal storage.
- Turn the phone and boot into recovery mode (Power + Home + Volume Up).
- Before flashing the ROM, make a full system Nandroid backup of the phone.
- Wipe cache, dalvik cache and wipe data.
- Go to Install > Choose Zip file and select the downloaded ROM to flash Android 5.1.
- Then flash Google Gapps to install all Android 5.1 Google Apps.
Enjoy stable and working CyanogenMod 12 Android 5.1 Lollipop on your Samsung Galaxy Note 2. For any questions, let us know below.