OnePlus One was the first device that the Chinese smartphone manufacturer released back in April 2014. It was considered as the “flagship killer” for having similar specs to other flagships as well as a much lower price tag. It was the smartphone that everyone wanted. It was hard to get, since you couldn’t buy one without an invitation, and invitations weren’t the easiest thing to get.
When the phone was released in 2014, it had Android 4.4.4 KitKat pre-installed. Since then, the phone has received frequent software updates from the company and now it enjoys Marshmallow, which was the latest version of Android until Nougat showed up. Now, you can install Nougat on your OnePlus One.
While you can update your OnePlus One to Android 7.0 Nougat, this is not an official update from the OEM. It is a custom AOSP ROM created by a senior member (updateing). The ROM is still experimental which means there are bugs and problems which haven’t been fixed.
How To Update OnePlus One to Android 7.0 Nougat With Custom ROM
This is by no means a stable ROM. It is an experimental build created to give all OnePlus One users the chance to test the all new Android 7.0 Nougat experience. We don’t recommend using this ROM as a daily driver as it is highly buggy.
- Download OnePlus One 7.0 Nougat ROM
Download | aosp_bacon-ota-eng.hamster_nougat_20160828.zip
- Download Android 7.0 Nougat Gapps (Download)
- To flash the ROM, you must have a custom recovery installed. Make sure you have a custom recovery and the continue with the guide below.
- Download the Nougat ROM and Gapps and transfer them to your phone.
- Go to recovery and perform a factory reset (wipe data).
- Flash the Android 7.0 Nougat ROM.
- Reboot your phone. Connect it to a PC using a USB cable.
- Open ADB and execute the following line:
- Then add this line:
adb shell pm disable com.qti.dpmserviceapp
- Turn off your phone and go into recovery mode. Flash Gapps. Restart your phone.
- Go to Settings > Apps, find Google Play Services and enable all permissions.
That is all. Enjoy Android 7.0 Nougat through a custom AOSP ROM on your OnePlus One.