Android 5.1 Lollipop has hit another device, this time Samsung’s flagship phablet, the Galaxy Note 4. Unfortunately, this version of Android 5.1 is not official and not released by Samsung. This means that users have to wait for a little longer to enjoy Touchwiz Android 5.1 Lollipop on their Galaxy Note 4 devices.
However, the Android 5.1 version comes on the Galaxy Note 4 in the form of a custom ROM. Forum contributor “aukhan” has compiled and ported the ROM AICP to the Samsung Galaxy Note 4. AICP is a well-known ROM because it has been available for a long time for the Galaxy Note 4, Galaxy Note 2 and even HTC One M8.
Android Ice Cold Project, also known as AICP is a custom ROM which increases the performance and overall stability of Android devices. This time, it makes another appearance on the Samsung Galaxy Note 4, bringing the all new Android 5.1 Lollipop experience on the best phablet that Samsung has ever created.
AICP also includes custom features like proximity calls, screen recording app, Ad blocker, LCD changer, Omniswitch, boot animation changer, Slim launcher, CyanogenMod CM Theme Engine and Slim’s Heads Up notifications.
Detailed Guide To Flash Android 5.1 Lollipop AICP ROM on Galaxy Note 4 SM-G910F
Note: Please make sure that your phone is the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 SM-G910F Snapdragon variant. Do not flash this ROM unless you have the model number mentioned above. Installing the ROM on unsupported devices can cause serious damages. NaldoTech shall not be held responsible for anything that might happen to your phone.
Gapps: Android 5.1 Lollipop Gapps
Install: Galaxy Note 4 Custom Recovery
- To install the Android 5.1 ROM on your phone, make sure that you have properly installed the custom recovery and the required files are not corrupted. It is recommended to download them with a high-speed internet connection to prevent any possible issues.
- Connect your phone to your PC and transfer the ROM, as well as the Gapps zip file.
- Disconnect your phone and turn it off.
- Press the Power + Home + Volume Up buttons at the same time to boot into custom recovery mode.
- Depending on what recovery you have installed “TWRP, PhilZ”, wipe cache, dalvik cache and make a system factory reset.
- Go to “Install Zip file” and choose the downloaded Android 5.1 ROM.
- Flash the ROM and Gapps.
Wait for the phone to boot up and enjoy the first taste of Android 5.1 AICP custom ROM on your Snapdragon Galaxy Note 4 SM-G910F.