The South Korean variant of the Samsung (SM-N910S) has received the official Android 5.0 Lollipop Touchwiz firmware. The update comes with the build number N910SKSU1BOB4 which means it is available only for the South Korean variant. All users located in this region can happily update to Android 5.0 Lollipop N910SKSU1BOB4 firmware using the OTA feature of the phone.
Go to Settings > About Device > Software Updates. If the OTA update has hit your device, a warning will appear saying that your phone is eligible for the update. Click the “Download” button to store the new firmware on your phone. The phone will then ask you if you want to flash the firmware now or later.
However, you need to be in South Korea to update your Note 4 using the methods mentioned above. If you do not live in this region, do not worry. Sammobile has captured and released the official firmware which can be installed by all users all around the world.
The detailed guide below will instruct you to properly download all the right tools, the right firmware to successfully flash Android 5.0 Lollipop N910SKSU1BOB4 on the Samsung Galaxy Note 4.
How to flash Android 5.0 Lollipop N910SKSU1BOB4 Firmware on Galaxy Note 4 (SM-N910S)
Before you continue with the guide below, please make sure that you have the Snapdragon South Korean (SM-N910S) variant. If you aren’t sure, take your phone, go to Settings > About Device and check the Model Number. If it is SM-N910S, you can continue reading the guide below. If you have any other variants like SN-N910C Exynos do not try flashing this firmware as it will brick your phone. Follow this guide instead.
You need to make sure that USB Debugging is enabled. This will ensure a secure and stable connection between your phone and your computer. Follow this tutorial if you don’t know how to enable it.
Download Samsung Galaxy Note 4 USB drivers so the computer can recognize the phone – Download
How to flash
- Download the Lollipop firmware and the Odin flashing tool. They are both in zip format so extract both of them and put the files in a safe location.
- You will get a tar.md5 file from the firmware and a program from Odin.
- Take your Galaxy Note 4, turn it off and press the volume up, home and power buttons at the same time to go to recovery.
- Using the volume buttons, select wipe data and factory reset. This is very important. If you do not perform this step, your phone will not work.
- Turn the phone off and press the volume down, home and power buttons to go to Download Mode. Press the volume up button one more time. Now your phone is in Download Mode.
- Now connect your phone to your PC using the best USB cable. The one that comes with the phone is preferred.
- Open Odin and the ID:COM will turn blue if the USB drivers are correctly installed on the computer.
- Click on AP and choose the tar.md5 file. Make sure that Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time are both enabled while Re-Partition option is disabled.
- Click “Install”
That is basically it. The installation process will begin shortly. Enjoy Android 5.0 Lollipop firmware on your South Korean Galaxy S5 variant.