You can update your T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 4 to Android 5.0.1 Lollipop by installing ViSiON-X, one of the best custom ROMs available for the phablet. Samsung is on a streak at the moment, releasing Lollipop updates for the majority of flagship devices, including the Galaxy S5, Galaxy S4 and the Galaxy Note 4.
If you have a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and are asking yourself where is the Lollipop update for your device, the answer would be things are not that easy. Samsung has launched the Lollipop Touchwiz firmware only for the international variant of the Samsung Galaxy Note 4, while US variants of the phone are left in the shadow.
Luckily, developers in the forums of T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 4 have decided not to wait for Samsung and their carrier to roll a Lollipop update out. Instead, they have created their own Android 5.0.1 Lollipop Touchwiz firmware for their device.
Contributor “AxAtAx” has posted the ROM ViSiON-X for the T-Mobile Galaxy Note 4, based on Android 5.0.1 Lollipop. Even though there is no official Android 5.0.1 Touchwiz update for this variant of the phone, developers have ported the Lollipop firmware from the international variant “N910F” ROM variant.
Follow the guide below to update your T-Mobile Galaxy Note 4 to Android 5.0.1 Lollipop Touchwiz ROM.
How To Install Android 5.0.1 Lollipop Touchwiz ROM on T-Mobile Galaxy Note 4
Preparing your Note 4
Make sure your Note 4 is rooted and has a custom recovery like TWRP.
Charge your phone to at least 70%.
Make a full data and factory reset before flashing the ROM
Download & Install ROM
- Connect your phone to your computer using an USB cable.
- Transfer the ROM from your computer to the phone. Make sure that you have around 1.5 GB of free storage because the ROM is 1.4 GB big in size.
- Once you have transferred the ROM, turn the phone off.
- Press Volume Up + Home + Power buttons at the same time to boot into custom recovery mode.
- There, using the volume buttons to go “Wipe data/Factory Reset”.
- Then go to “Install Zip” and choose the ROM.
The ROM will start installing. The phone will boot to Android 5.0.1 Lollipop Touchwiz firmware.