The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 is one of the best smartphones you can get at the moment. It has a bright and beautiful QHD 5.7″ Super AMOLED display, fast Snapdragon or Exynos chipset, 3 GB RAM for heavy multitasking, long-lasting 3220 mAh and a lot more goodies that you can expect only from a flagship device.
One of the biggest features of the Galaxy Note 4 is the 16 MP camera. The Note 4 can take 4K Ultra HD videos at 30 fps, 1080p videos at 60 fps. Overall, the camera takes sharp and high quality videos and photos.
But, developers weren’t happy with the current camera quality of the Note 4. That’s why they drastically improved it making a lot better than the stock camera app.
In order to reduce the size of captured images, Samsung reduced quality from 100% to 96%. While images are smaller in size, the quality is bad compared to 100%. The camera quality mod for Galaxy Note 4 has a long list of improvements. Here are the main ones:
- Turned JPEG quality up to 100% from 96%
- Changed DUAL FHD max record time from 5 minutes to 10 minutes
- Changed DUAL HD max record time from 10 minutes to 30 minutes
- Changed UHD max record time from 5 minutes to 30 minutes
- Changed SMOOTH MOTION max record time from 10 minutes to 30 minutes
- Changed SMOOTH MOTION from 28mbit to 40mbit
- Changed UHD from 24mbit to 65mbit
- Changed FHD from 20mbit to 40mbit
With this mod, photos are a lot sharper and videos are clearer and more detailed.
The file you will download is called SamsungCamera3.apk.
How to install:
- Download ES File Manager.
- Go to System > App and move SamsungCamera3.apk file there.
- Set correct permissions as following rw-r-r.
- Download media_profiles.xml from the link above and move it to System > Etc.
Also Read: How To Fix Bad Battery Life on Galaxy Note 4
Reboot your phone. Now that you have installed the camera quality mod, photos and videos will be a lot better.