You can root your Sony Xperia Z2 now. The Xperia Z2 has a faster processor, Android KitKat 4.4.2 and waterproof capabilities. One of the biggest improvements of this device is the display. On the Xperia Z1 the display was bad because viewing angles and colors weren’t very good. On the Z2,the display is a lot better with very wide viewing angles and bright colors.
It hasn’t been released commercially just yet and still its firmware has already been rooted and you can do so on your Z2 too. The recovery is built from CWM 184.108.40.206 sources and it is fully working based on users reports. The kernel is unsecured and adb debugging is already enabled.
A few things to note:
– Bootloader must be unlocked. Follow the tutorial here to unlock it. It works the same as on the Xperia Z1 as well on the Xperia z2.
– ADB is currently not working in Recovery Mode. It is going to get fixed later by the developer.
– Taking a full backup is recommended, especially before unlocking your bootloader.
1. Download unsecured kernel image here.
2. You should save a file called boot. img to the folder that contains fastboot binary.
3. Flash the image file using fastboot using the code below:
fastboot flash boot boot.img
4. Reboot your phone from fastboot.
Step 1- Download latest SuperSU here.
Step 2- Go to recovery and flash the downloaded zip file.
Step 3- Reboot your phone. Now you should have root access. Congrats. Now you have fully rooted your Sony Xperia Z2.