A root method is now finally available and you can root your LG G4 (H815) international variant. SuperSU, the universal root package has been reported to work on the LG G4 with Android 5.1 Lollipop. If you have unlocked the bootloader and installed a custom recovery, you can go ahead and root your LG G4.
With root you enjoy the full potential of your device. You can use special applications that work only with root access such as Titanium Backup, Xposed framework and even make the performance better by uninstalling bloatware apps that you do not use.
Fortunately, the latest release of SuperSU is working on the LG G4 and it is the best way of rooting the phone. Follow the guide below for all details.
How To Root LG G4 With SuperSU
You also need to have a custom recovery and an unlocked bootloader, otherwise this method will not work.
- How To Unlock Bootloader on LG G4 H815 (Official Method)
- Install TWRP Recovery on LG G4 (International Variant)
- Download UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip file and move it to the internal storage of your phone.
- Turn the phone off and boot into recovery mode.
- There, go to “Install” and navigate to the folder where the SuperSU zip file is located.
- Swipe to confirm the flashing process.
Once the flashing process is over, reboot your phone. Your LG G4 will now be rooted and will have SuperSU apps installed which will grant root access.