Some of the most important LG devices like the LG G2, LG G3 and LG G Flex 3 have been officially updated to Android 5.0 Lollipop. These updates provide a brand new user interface experience called Material Design and faster experience thanks to under-the-hood improvements made by Google.
If you are still running on Android 4.4 KitKat, here are the perspective guides how to install the official stock Lollipop firmware on the LG G2 and LG G3. Now that you are running an Android 5.0 Lollipop stock firmware on your LG device, it is time to root it.
Even though the stock Lollipop firmware for the LG G2, LG G3 and G Flex 2 is filled with features, for some intense users they are simply not enough. A lot of options are missing from a stock unrooted phone like the ability to overclock, increase battery life, install special apps and remove bloatware.
Luckily, a guide has been created for all LG G2, G3 and G Flex 2 users that allow them to root their devices on Android 5.0 Lollipop. If you have been looking for a method to root your LG device, follow the guide below.
How To Root LG G2, LG G3 & G Flex 2 on Android 5.0 Lollipop Stock Firmware
There are a few things that you need to download and install before proceeding with the root process.
Steps To Root LG on Lollipop
- Enable Developer Options & USB Debugging on your LG device.
- Grab your phone and connect it to your PC using a USB cable.
- Extract the “LG_Root.zip” file to get a folder called “LG_Root”.
- Open CMD or Command Prompt on your PC.
- Go to the directory where the extracted folder is. Normally, enter the following commands: cd Downloads, LG_Root and then ADB devices.
- A window will pop up on your phone saying “Allow USB Debugging”.
- Hit “OK”.
- Enter the following command on CMD:
adb.exe push busybox /data/local/tmp/ && adb.exe push lg_root.sh /data/local/tmp && adb.exe push UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip /data/local/tmp
- Disconnect your phone and turn it off.
- Press the volume up button and plug the USB cable to boot your phone into Download or Firmware mode.
- On your PC, navigate to the extracted folder and run a file called “ports.bat”.
- Look at the port number.
- Run this command:
Send_Command.exe \\.\COMXX. Replace COMXX with the number you see on CMD
- Now except this command:
sh /data/local/tmp/lg_root.sh dummy 1 /data/local/tmp/UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip /data/local/tmp/busybox
- Reboot your phone and you are ready to go.
Your LG G2, LG G3 or the LG G Flex 2 will be rooted with SuperSU app installed.