If you are a power user who wants to improve your Samsung Galaxy Note 5, make it faster and unleash the true potential of the phone, you’d want to root the phone and install a custom recovery. Android is the most popular mobile platform for a reason, and that reason is that once you root it, you can do whatever you want.
Luckily, the Samsung Galaxy Note 5 is very easy to root and install TWRP, the most popular Android custom recovery. With root, you can optimize the Galaxy Note 5 even more, fix multitasking issues, improve the camera quality, install custom ROMs and much more.
It has been difficult to root previous Note devices but Manh_IT makes it very easy to root your Samsung Galaxy Note 5. Noble Kernel is the first kernel for the Samsung Galaxy Note 5 which supports auto-rooting, BusyBox and comes with a deep sleep fix.
How To Root & Install TWRP on Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Sprint & T-Mobile
How To Root
Noble Kernel has been tested and fully works on SM-N920T and SM-N920P variants of the phone, and it is being tested on SM-N920I and SM-N920W8.
- Download Noble Kernel zip file and extract it.
- Do the same thing with Odin.
- Launch Odin and click on the AP button. Navigate to the folder where the extracted Noble Kernel file is.
- Turn the phone off, press volume down, power and home buttons at the same time to go to Download Mode and connect your PC to your Note 5.
- Click on start.
This will flash the Noble Kernel on your Samsung Galaxy Note 5. Now go to the Play Store and download SuperSU app. Update SuperSU binary and you will have root access.
How To Install TWRP
TWRP 188.8.131.52 for SM-N920T/N920P (download)
- Launch Odin once again and click on AP.
- This time choose tar.md5 TWRP file.
- Make sure your phone is connected to your PC and click start.
Wait for the phone to finish. Turn the phone off and press volume up, home and power buttons to boot into TWRP recovery mode.