Motorola Moto X Play and Moto X Style are two of Motorola’s latest flagship devices. Both of these phones comes with high-end specifications, high-resolution displays and overall a great price for the performance they offer.
The Motorola Moto X Style, also known as Moto X Pure is designed to be the better phone compared to the Moto X Play. The Moto X Style comes with a 5.7″ QHD display, 21MP main camera which can record 4K videos, 5MP secondary camera with LED flash, Snapdragon 808 processor, 3GB RAM and 3000 mAh battery. On the other hand, the Moto X Play comes with a 5.5″ Full HD display 21MP main camera which can record 1080p videos, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 615 processor and a bigger 3630 mAh battery.
No matter which phone you choose, one thing is certain. It will have huge support from developers. There is already a way to install TWRP and root both devices, the Moto X Style (Pure) and Moto X Play.
Developers over at XDA have published the right image files to successfully flash TWRP recovery. And once TWRP is installed, you can then proceed to root your phone with SuperSU.
How To Install TWRP on Moto X Style & Moto X Play
Note: This guide can be dangerous and can damage your phone. NaldoTech or developers shall not be held responsible. Proceed at your own risk.
- Download TWRP image file for Moto X Style (Pure)| Moto X Play.
- Make sure you have installed Motorola USB drivers and ADB drivers.
- Download the image file on your computer.
- Go to settings, enable USB debugging and OEM unlock from Developer Options.
- Turn off the phone and go into bootloader mode (power + volume down)
- Connect your phone to your computer and enter the following command (replace TWRP.img with the name of your file)
fastboot flash recovery TWRP.img
- The code above will flash TWRP recovery on your phone.
That’s all you have to do in order to install TWRP custom recovery on your Moto X Style (Pure) and Moto X Play. Now that you have TWRP, you can root your phone by flasing SuperSU.
How To Root Moto X Style & Moto X Play With SuperSU
- Download Chainfire’s SuperSU file (UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip)
- Turn off your Moto X and boot into TWRP.
- Wipe cache and dalvik cache.
- Then select ‘Install’, find the downloaded file and select it.
- Flash SuperSU and reboot your phone.
Now your phone will have TWRP installed and root access thanks to SuperSU.