The HTC One M9 is the latest toy from HTC. The company took everything that was great on the HTC One M8 and made them better. The One M9 comes with better and faster processor, louder front-facing BoomSound speakers, 20.7 MP main and 5 MP front camera, 3 GB RAM and a juicy 2840 mAh battery.
You can already unlock the bootloader and install TWRP custom recovery on the HTC One M9. With a custom recovery you can customize your phone by installing themes and various mods. But the main thing that you have to do in order to reach the full potential of the HTC One M9 is to root it.
With root access you can do things that cannot be done on a stock unrooted HTC One M9. With root access you can delete system applications, install special applications that require root access and even improve phone’s performance by overclocking the processor.
Luckily, rooting the HTC One M9 and installing the famous SuperSU app is not difficult. It is easier than unlocking the bootloader. Here’s how to root your device.
How To Root And Install SuperSU on HTC One M9
The process of rooting the HTC One M9 requires an unlocked bootloader, TWRP custom recovery and the popular SuperSU zip file from the well-known developer ChainFire.
- First of all, make sure that you have an unlocked bootloader. Follow this guide how to unlock One M9 bootloader.
- Another thing you must have is TWRP. Read this guide how to install TWRP recovery on HTC One M9.
- Download SuperSU zip file: BETA-SuperSU-v2.48.zip and move the file to your phone’s internal storage.
- Turn the phone off and press the volume down and power buttons to boot into bootloader mode.
- In bootloader mode, highlight recovery mode using volume buttons and select it by pressing the power button.
- Inside recovery, go to Install and navigate to the folder where the SuperSU file is located.
- Press the power button to flash the file.
Reboot the phone and go to the app drawer. You will find an application called SuperSU. You have successfully rooted your HTC One M9.