Zenfone 2 is the latest and greatest device from Asus. It packs some serious hardware for a low price. It comes with a Full HD 5.5″ IPS touchscreen, Android 5.0 Lollipop, 2 or 4 GB of RAM, 13 MP main camera, 5 MP front camera and a huge 3000 mAh battery.
Developers have made it possible to root the Asus Zenfone 2 very easily. With root you open access to an entire new world on your Zenfone 2. You can modify system files to make it better, unlock the bootloader, improve performance and install special applications which do not work without root.
The Asus Zenfone 2 is very easy to root. You only need to install the proper USB drivers for your phone and download the 1 Click Root Tool for Zenfone 2. That is all you need. There is another method which involves flashing a pre-rooted system.img file, but it limits you to a specific firmware.
How To Root Asus Zenfone 2 With 1 Click Root Tool
Download: Zenfone 2 USB Drivers | ZenFoneRootKit_20150614.zip
- Download and install the USB drivers. This will allow your phone to communicate with the PC.
- Download the 1 Click Root Tool (ZenFoneRootKit_20150614.zip) and extract the zip file.
- Now connect your phone to the PC using a cable.
- Go to the extracted folder and run “CheckBeforeAction.bat”.
- If you get a confirmation to proceed to the next step, you are good to go.
- Now run “root.bat” file.
- Your phone will be rooted.
Congratulations. You have rooted your Asus Zenfone 2. If you experience any issues during the rooting process, leave a comment below.
Is there any data loss if Asus phone is rooted by the above method?