Samsung has released a new Android 5.0 Lollipop firmware build for the Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F. The new firmware build is G900FXXU1BNL9 and is for all users in the Spain region. The Samsung Galaxy S5 is already enjoying official Lollipop thanks to the update that Samsung released a few weeks ago in Poland.
Other countries received the update too like South Korea for the SM-G900K variant. We have already released the tutorial how to install Lollipop on SM-G900F and how to root it and how to install Lollipop on SM-G900K and how to root it.
Now, Samsung has released Android 5.0 Lollipop on more places and Spain is the lucky country. The Android 5.0 Lollipop firmware is designed for the SM-G900F variant so it is the Galaxy S5 with the Snapdragon 801 chipset. SM-G900H Exynos users are out of luck as they haven’t been able to enjoy an official update yet.
If you are in Spain and you have the G900F Snapdragon variant, you can easily install the update. You don’t need any programs or tools. You can easily update through OTA.
- Turn on your phone and go to the app drawer.
- Go to the Settings menu.
- Scroll down to About Device.
- Go to Software Update.
- Check for the new firmware.
- Once the phone finds the new Lollipop build, download and install it.
This is the normal procedure that you have to take in order to flash the G900FXXU1BNL9 Android 5.0 Lollipop if you are in Spain or Poland. But if you want to get the update on your phone too but you aren’t in Spain or Poland, then you have to download the firmware file and flash it using Odin.
How To Install XXU1BNL9 Android 5.0 Lollipop Firmware on Galaxy S5
The firmware contains the 77433514 changelist, PHE product code, G900FXXU1BNL9 PDA, G900FPHE1BNL2 CSC and G900FXXU1BNL9 modem.
Please make sure that you have the SM-G900F variant of the phone because the firmware is designed for this model only. If you follow the guide below for other variants like the SM-G900H you can brick your phone.
Installing the firmware
- First of all, turn off your phone and boot into Recovery mode. To do so, make sure that your phone is turned off. Then press and hold the Volume Up + Home + Power buttons at the same time until the Galaxy S5 Android boot animation shows up.
- Before you start flashing the Lollipop firmware, you have to wipe data and factory reset. If you don’t do so, the phone will be stuck in a bootloop and will not be able to boot up.
- Select Wipe data/factory reset, cache and dalvik cache.
- Now boot into Download mode. To do so, press and hold the Volume Down + Home + Power buttons at the same time. A warning will show up saying that you are about to enter Download mode. Press the Volume Up button one more time to confirm.
- Download the firmware and extract it. You will get a tar.md5 file.
- Also, download Odin3 v3.09 and extract it. You will get Odin.exe.
- Open Odin and if the USB drivers are correctly installed, the ID:COM will turn into blue.
- Now, select AP and choose the firmware.
- Make sure to tick Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time.
- Click the Start button.