The TWRP team has released an update which adds support for Android 5.1.1 for Samsung Galaxy S6 and Samsung Galaxy S6 edge. TWRP is the most used custom recovery in the world and it is used by millions of users. It is a versatile recovery which can do basically everything you want from a full-featured recovery.
You can install zip files like ROMs, kernels, mods and themes, wipe data and perform a factory reset, make and restore full Nandroid backups, mount, fix permissions, file manager, terminal command, theme and ADB sideload.
So, what are you waiting for? Go ahead, download the recovery and install it on your Samsung Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 edge. TWRP has files for various devices, like SM-G920F and SM-G925F (zeroflte), T-Mobile SM-G920T, US Cellular and Sprint.
How To Install TWRP on Galaxy S6 and S6 edge (Android 5.1.1)
Odin3 v3.10.6 (download)
Samsung USB drivers (link)
- Galaxy S6 (zeroflte) – (All variants exept those mentioned below.)
- Sprint Galaxy S6 (zerofltespr)
- Chinese Galaxy S6 Edge (zeroltezt)
- US Cellular Galaxy S6 edge (zerolteusc):
- T-Mobile Galaxy S6 edge (zeroltetmo)
Now comes the installation part.
- Download Odin and extract the zip file to get Odin3 v3.10.6 flashing program and open it.
- Click on AP and select the downloaded TAR image.
- Turn the phone off and go to Download Mode (Power + Home + Volume Down).
- If USB drivers are correctly installed, one of the boxes in Odin will turn light blue.
- Click start and wait.
The phone will reboot once Odin flashes the image. Now you can go into TWRP on Galaxy S6 and S6 edge running on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop.