Xiaomi has recently released MIUI 7, the latest version of the popular ROM for Xiaomi phones and other Android devices. MIUI 7 takes the place of MIUI 6, which was released exactly one year. MIUI 7 brings new improvements where the focus is performance.
Based on a video released by the MIUI team, MIUI 7 has noticeably better performance that MIUI 6. App loading times are smaller and animations are faster. Some of MIUI 7 highlights include 4 new system UIs, 30% better and faster system response, 10% better battery life, Baby Album, Child Mode, XXL text and more.
At the moment, you can’t download the ROM for your Xiaomi Redmi 1S through OTA as the official release is set for 24 August. However, you can download the ROM zip file and flash MIUI 7 and Google Apps on your Xiaomi Redmi 1S.
The current Android version for MIUI 7 is Android 4.4 KitKat for Redmi 2, Mi 4, Mi 3, Note 3G, Note 4G and Redmi 1S. The only phone that runs on MUI 7 Android 5.1 Lollipop is Redmi Mi 4i. Do not worry though! Other devices including Redmi 1S will be receiving MIUI 7 based on Android 5.1.1.
How To Install MIUI 7 ROM on Redmi 1S
To flash MIUI 7 on your Redmi 1S you need a custom recovery. You can flash a recovery you like but TWRP is recommended since it is popular and reliable.
How to install
- Download the MIUI 7 ROM and move it to the internal storage of your phone.
- Make sure you have the latest version of custom recovery installed.
- Press the power button to turn off your Redmi 1S.
- Boot into recovery mode.
- Wipe cache, data and perform a factory reset.
- Go to ‘Install’ and select the MIUI 7 ROM to flash.
- Once the ROM is flashed, do the same thing with Google Apps.
Now reboot and wait for your phone to boot into the home screen. Enjoy MIUI 7 on your Redmi 1S.