The official MIUI 6 OTA update for Xiaomi Redmi 1S is rolling out this week. This was confirmed by Hugo Barra, Xiaomi’s current Vice President. The OTA will come to all Redmi 1S devices this week so make sure to often check for any available OTA updates on your phone.
MIUI 6 is the latest ROM version created and developed by Xiaomi, the Chinese tech giant, which is used on all Xiaomi devices, including Redmi 1S. At the moment, the Redmi 1S is running the latest version of MIUI 5 but MIUI 6 has just become available.
If you haven’t received the OTA notification on your phone and you cannot wait to get it on your phone, you can download the ROM update file and install it on your phone directly. Since Redmi 1S runs on MIUI 5, the phone has built-in capabilities to flash newer ROMs.
Note: Do not worry about your data. Nothing gets deleted when a newer ROM version is installed.
Download: MIUI 6 ROM for Redmi 1S
- Download the ROM zip file on your computer.
- Connect your phone to your PC and transfer the ROM to a folder called “downloaded_rom”.
- Go to the home screen of your phone and press the menu button to open the Updater menu.
- Tap on “Select Installation File”.
- Select the new ROM (miui_HM1SWC_5.6.25_7df3303e75_4.4.zip) and tap on “Update Now”.
MIUI 6 will be installed and your Redmi 1S will reboot into the new ROM.