After releasing the Android 9.0 Pie update for the Galaxy S9, S8, Note 9 and Note 8, Samsung is continuing the update to other devices. The next phone from Samsung to receive the Pie update is the Galaxy A8 Plus. The update was initially spotted in Russia and it is not certain whether other regions will receive the update or not.
This is surprising news because Samsung has not released the Pie update for the Galaxy A7 (2018) which has an active Android Pie beta program, while the A8 Plus did not have any beta program beforehand. Below you can find the tutorial on how to install the Pie update firmware on the Galaxy A8 Plus using ODIN flashing tool.
Below you can find the supported CSC codes:
- CAC – Uzbekistan
- CHO – Chile
- COO – Colombia
- CPW – United Kingdom (Carphone Warehouse)
- DBT – Germany
- EON – Trinidad and Tobago
- SEK – Ukraine (Kyivstar)
- SER – Russia
- SKZ – Kazakhstan
- TPA – Panama
- TTT – Trinidad and Tobago
- XEO – Poland
- ZTO – Brazil
If you are not in any of these countries, the CSC will automatically be set to SER (Russia).
How To Install Pie Firmware on Galaxy A8 Plus
Before you start with the flashing tutorial below, first check if you are eligible for the OTA update. To do so, go to Settings > Software Update and tap on Download and install. If the phone says there is a new update, download and install it. If it says “Your software is up to date” and you are still on Oreo, then go ahead with the installation guide.
Note: The update process involves downloading and flashing the stock Pie firmware using ODIN, Samsung’s flashing tool. This is a routine process that it is done by many people for many reasons. There are no risks involved if you carefully follow each and every step stated below. We are not responsible if you damage or brick your phone.
- Download Samsung Galaxy A8 Plus USB Drivers | Install
- Download ODIN Flashing Tool | Install
- Go to Settings > About Phone > Software Information and tap seven times on Build Number. This will enable Developer Options.
- Go to Settings > Developer Options and enable USB Debugging. This will allow your phone to communicate with the computer.
- Please back up EVERYTHING on your phone. All of your data might be deleted in the process, so please be prepared.
- Charge your phone to at least 75%. If something goes wrong or the phone gets stuck, it will not turn off during the process.
Download Pie Firmware for Galaxy A8 Plus
- Galaxy A8 Plus (A730FXXU4CSB9) Firmware | Download
Special thanks to recognized developer corsicanu, who has published the proper links for all users.
Steps To Install Pie Firmware on Galaxy A8 Plus
- Download the Galaxy A8 Plus Pie firmware and Odin package. Extract both files.
- Press and hold the power button and tap on Power off.
- Enter Download Mode. To do so, press and hold the volume down, Bixby and power keys at the same time.
- When the warning screen appears, press the volume up key.
- In ODIN, choose the proper files for BL, AP, CP, and CSC. For CSC, choose HOME_CSC_OXM_A730FOXM4CSB9.
- Once you have selected all the files, click on the Start button.
Your Galaxy A8 Plus will be updated to the latest Android 9.0 Pie update. The phone will restart a few times, and when the installation process is over, ODIN will show a PASS message. The phone will boot into the new Android OS.
Enjoy One UI, the new dark mode and all of the features that this update brings. If you are having any issues or problems, let us know below.