LG has added extra security features to the LG G4, its flagship device. Besides creating a new method of unlocking the bootloader, LG has made it more difficult for the user to put the device in fastboot mode. Fastboot is a mode on the LG G4 from where you can select recovery mode and wipe data.
On previous LG devices, the only thing you had to do to boot into fastboot mode was to turn the device off and use the usual button combination. However, there is one extra step that needs to be done on the LG G4 if you want to use fastboot mode.
You need to enable and activate OEM unlock from the settings menu. But you need to have developer options activated as well. Here’s how to enable OEM unlock and developer options on the LG G4.
- The first thing you need to do is to go to the settings menu on your LG G4.
- From there, go to “About Phone”.
- Scroll down until you find “Build Number”. Quickly tap it seven times to enable developer options.
- Go one step back. There’s a new option called “Developer Options” besides “About Phone”.
- Tap on it. Enable “USB Debugging” and then tick the “OEM Unlock” box.
This will enable OEM unlock your LG G4 and will allow you to go in fastboot mode.