It becomes a real pain to use your phone if you love traveling. Throughout the world, different carriers use different bands and frequencies for their communication network. This means that if your phone works on the country where you live, it might not on other carriers in other countries.
This is a problem with the LG G4 because the company has disabled some of the available LTE and HSDPA bands. If you have an LG G4 and love traveling the world, there is a high chance that your phone won’t work on other countries, just because they run on frequencies and bands which are disabled.
The LG G4 supports a variety of bands. Here are all the supported bands:
- 2G bands GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 3G bands HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 17(700), 20(800), 28(700)
However, if you open the dialer and insert 277634#*# to open the Hidden Testing Menu and go to Field Test > Modem Settings > Network Mode and Field Test > Modem Settings > LTE Band Selection, you will notice there are extra bands which do not work on the LG G4. These are the bands that do not work:
- WCDMA 800, WCDMA AWS (1700/2100)
- LTE Band 12, 13, 25, 29, 40
Thanks to user duraaraa, if you have a rooted LG G4 with unlocked bootloader, you can enable all hidden LTE bands.
Enable Hidden LTE Bands on LG G4
If you haven’t unlocked the bootloader or rooted your phone, check our detailed tutorials.
- Download CDMAtool.
- Connect your LG G4 to your PC and open CMD from where ADB files are located.
- Run the following commands:
echo 1 > /sys/devices/platform/lg_diag_cmd/diag_enable
- Disconnect and reconnect your phone. This will put your phone in DIAG mode.
- Now open DFS which you downloaded from the link above.
- Double click on your phone to select it.
- Now go to Band > RF BC Config and choose read.
- Select all the bands that you want to enable and click on “Write”.
- Now click the LTE tab and select “Read”.
- Again, select the 4G LTE bands you want to enable.
- Now select “LTE BC Config DIV LTE #6829” and do the same thing again.
- Reboot your phone.
Wait for the phone to boot up. All new selected LTE and HSDPA bands should be enabled.