A custom recovery is a must for everyone who wants to escape from the stock Android experience (OxygenOS) that comes on every OnePlus 6 phone. The OnePlus 6 is one of the most popular smartphones that the company has ever created. It has all the latest specifications that you can expect from a flagship phone.
If you have bought a brand new OnePlus 6 and want to change the experience by installing a new custom ROM or something similar, then you need to have a custom recovery such as TWRP. TWRP is the most popular custom recovery for Android phones. It is easy to install and has a lot of features which makes it attractive to many users.
How To Install TWRP Custom Recovery on OnePlus 6
- Download both .img and .zip files of TWRP from the download link above.
- Go to Settings > Developer Options and enable USB Debugging, OEM Unlocking, and Advanced Reboot option.
- Download USB and Fastboot drivers | Link
How To Install
1. Turn off your phone. Press and hold volume up and power keys. This will put the phone in bootloader mode.
2. Connect your phone to your PC, and open a Command Prompt window in the same location where TWRP files are.
3. On Command Prompt, type:
fastboot boot twrp-3.2.2-0-enchilada.img
and then press enter. This will make your phone boot into TWRP.
4. Now, select “Install” and choose the TWRP .zip file. Swipe to flash it.
Reboot your phone. You have successfully installed TWRP. Now you can install custom ROMs and much more.