How to boost sound and increase speaker volume on all Android 4.4 KitKat devices using the MegaBass mod. Android devices have a lot of cool features and amazing specifications. Every year, they come with better design, bigger and higher resolution displays, faster processors, more memory and latest version of Android.
But there are a few things that look like will never improve. Two things that struggle to improve on Android devices is battery life and audio quality. Since Android has true multitasking capabilities, phones need huge batteries to have decent battery lives.
Another problem is low volume and poor sound quality. Most of devices have weak speakers which do not produce high quality sound and the music volume is very low. There are a few devices which have great speakers but most of them don’t.
The great thing though is that you can boost and increase the speaker volume by installing a simple mod called MegaBass. MegaBass is a neat mod which increases the speaker as well headphones volume on your Android 4.4 KitKat device.
MegaBass is based on DSP Manager, one of the best audio apps on Android. It is open source which means developers can add their own tweaks to make an even better app.
How to boost sound audio volume on Android 4.4 KitKat
- Custom Recovery installed. TWRP is preferred.
- An Android 4.4 KitKat device. It can be 4.4.2, 4.4.3 or 4.4.4.
How to install
- Download the mod file and move it to your phone.
- Turn off your phone and boot into Recovery mode. To do so, you need to press the Power + Home + Volume Up buttons at the same time.
- Release them when the Android boot animation shows up.
- Inside Recovery, select Install zip file from SD card.
- Choose the mod file.
- Install it.
This will flash the mod on your phone.
How to boost volume using the mod
- Open the app which can be found on the app drawer.
- Go to xLoud Speaker.
- Choose X-Bass and Slight. Also, enable the equalizer.