If you have a Motorola Nexus 6, you can boost and increase the speaker sound volume without having to install any mods. All you need to do is edit a file and you will automatically have a louder Nexus 6.
If you are a person who likes listening to songs with loud volume, then you know that the default volume that most of smartphones come with is simply too low for you to enjoy the song. Especially if have been listening to songs with loud volume for a long time, it is a must for you to have a louder smartphone.
The Nexus 6 is one of the best devices that you can buy. It features a gigantic QHD 5.9″ AMOLED display with resolution of 1440 x 2560 pixels and a ppi of 493 pixels per inch, Corning Gorilla glass to protect the display, high resolution 13 MP camera which can record UHD 4K videos, 2 MP front facing camera and Snapdragon 805 chipset with Quad-core 2.7 GHz Krait 450 CPU and Adreno 420 GPU for the best gaming experience.
The loudspeakers on the Nexus 6 are not bad either. The Nexus 6 has two stereo loudspeakers which aim to bring the best audio quality possible. But if you have been hearing music for a long time, you know that those speakers are not enough.
If you think the same thing, then follow the guide below how to boost volume on Nexus 6 speakers and headphones. The good thing is that you don’t have to download or flash any mods to increase the volume and you can set the values you want.
How to boost Nexus 6 speakers and headphones volume
Even though you don’t need any mods to flash, you must be rooted in order to edit the system file. Follow this guide how to root the Nexus 6. Once you’ve made sure that your Nexus 6 is rooted, continue with the guide below.
Increasing speaker volume
- You need to have a file manager which can access system files on your phone. A great app is ES File Explorer.
- Go to /system/etc folder and find a file called “mixer_paths.xml”.
- Open the file using an editor and look for the line “<path name=”speaker”>.
- Below that, there should be a line “RX7 Digital Volume” value=”.
- Change the value from whatever it is to a higher one.
- Make sure to increase the values one by one so you don’t destroy the speaker.
Increasing headphones volume
- To increase the headphones volume, open the same file again using a text editor.
- Search for <path name=”headphones”>.
- Below that, there are two other lines: “HPHL Volume” value=” and “HPHR Volume” value=”15″.
- Each of those values is for each side of the headphones.