The Samsung Galaxy S5 has been a huge success this year selling more units than LG, Sony or HTC. The reason for this is because of excellent specifications that the phone has and of course, because of Touchwiz.
Even though Touchwiz is hated by many people who claim that it is slow, laggy and bloated, This was true a few years ago when the Samsung hardware wasn’t the best. The Galaxy S3 wasn’t able to run Touchwiz smoothly because of only 1 GB RAM. But these days, the hardware on the Samsung Galaxy S5 is more than capable of running Touchwiz fast without any lags or stuttering.
The S5 presented an updated version of the launcher with the new icons, redesigned weather widget and Android 4.4.2 KitKat. Its bigger brother, the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 got announced a few weeks ago. It is similar to the Galaxy S5 exect is has bigger screen, S Pen and steel frame.
Touchwiz on the Galaxy Note 4 hasn’t changed a lot compared to Galaxy S5. It runs on Android 4.4.4 KitKat and the launcher has a few changed graphics elements.
The Galaxy Note 4 weather widget is great because it is designed to be used on every wallpaper thanks to its transparency. Since the difference between Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 weather widget is not big, porting it the S5 was a very simple process.
If you have a Samsung Galaxy S5 running on Android 4.4.2, follow the guide on how to download and install the weather widget.
Confirmed working on:
- Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F
- Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900H (not confirmed)
- Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 and GT-I9505
Galaxy Note 4 weather widget: Weather-Note-4-S5-v.1.5.zip
- Rooted Samsung Galaxy S5 device
- Custom recovery installed. TWRP is preferred
- Download the zip file that contains the launcher and move it to your phone.
- Turn your Samsung Galaxy S5 off and boot to Recovery (Power + Home + Volume Up)
- Wipe cache and dalvik cache.
- Using Volume up and down buttons, go to Install Zip file.
- Select it and then chose the zip file.
- Click Yes to start the installation process.
When the phone has fully booted up, go to the app drawer, go to widgets and select the Galaxy Note 4 one.