Below you will learn how to boot your Samsung Galaxy M31 Prime into recovery mode. Recovery mode is an important part of all Android phones, including the Galaxy M31 Prime. It is a stand-alone piece of software that allows users to access a number of functions without having to boot the entire OS. This is a very useful feature, especially if the firmware or the OS of the phone is corrupted.
For example, if your Galaxy M31 Prime is bricked, which means that is has a corrupted firmware or a bad program, it will not boot. It will show the Samsung logo during boot, but it will never go past it. However, you can still boot into recovery mode. From recovery, you can reset the phone, flash custom ROMs, mods, and much more. You can also make backups of the entire data the phone has. Now let’s see how you can boot your Galaxy M31 Prime into recovery mode.
How to enter recovery mode on Samsung Galaxy M31 Prime
1. Hardware Keys
This is the most popular and easiest method. All you have to do is press a few buttons and you are done.
- Press and hold the power button. Tap on Power off. The phone will turn off.
- Once the phone is completely off, press and hold the volume up + power keys at the same time.
- Keep them pressed until you see the Samsung boot animation logo. A blue screen with a yellow triangle will appear.
- Wait a few seconds and the phone will go into recovery mode.
2. Recovery Mode via ADB Commands
This method is optional, in case the first method does not work for some reason on your phone. If the physical keys are broken or the phone refuses to recognize the key combination, then you can boot in recovery mode by using ADB commands. This is more complicated because it requires proper ADB and USB drivers, as well as a computer.
- Samsung Galaxy M31 Prime USB Drivers | Download
- Go to Settings > About Phone > Software information and quickly tap seven times on Build Number. This will enable Developer Options. Go to Developer Options and enable USB Debugging.
Make sure that you install the drivers from the download links above, otherwise, your Galaxy M31 Prime will not be recognized by the computer.
- Connect your phone to the computer using the provided USB cable.
- Open Command Prompt from the ADB installation folder, and execute the following command:
adb reboot recovery
The phone will automatically turn off and go into recovery mode.
Recovery Mode Walkthrough for Samsung Galaxy M31 Prime
Now that you know how to access the recovery mode, it is a good idea to know what the options provided in the menu do, and when should you use them.
- Reboot system now: This option will simply reboot the system. The phone will boot the OS and you will be able to use the phone as normal.
- Reboot to the bootloader: This option boots the phone into Download Mode. This is a special mode for Samsung phones where you can flash stock One UI firmwares and kernels through Odin flashing tool.
- Apply update from ADB: This option is used when you want to update your phone or flash stock OTA files by connecting the phone to the computer and performing the required commands.
- Apply update from SD Card: This option is used when you want to update your phone or flash stock OTA files that are located in the external SD card of the phone. This is a better way than ADB because it doesn’t require the user to have a computer. Everything is done on the phone.
- Wipe data/factory reset: This option deletes all installed applications on your phone. A factory reset is recommended when you want to flash a new custom ROM or a mod that might cause a boot loop if data is not deleted.
- Wipe cache partition: This option deletes cache and dalvik cache from the system. This is recommended if something on your phone keeps crashing.
- Mount /system: This option allows you to mount a partition like system or data. It allows you to modify everything in that particular partition.
- Power off: This option simply turns the phone off. You have to press the power button again if you want to turn it on.
These are the most important recovery options that you might get the chance to use. Some other options that are more focused for developers include:
- View recovery logs
- Run graphics test
- Run locale test
- Lacking storage booting
That is all about the Samsung Galaxy M31 Prime and how you can boot into stock and custom recovery mode. You can now wipe data, flash ROMs, and much more. If you have any issues or suggestions, please leave a comment below.