Below you will learn how to boot your Samsung Galaxy A50 into recovery mode. Recovery mode is an important part of all Android phones. It allows users to access certain functions of the phone without needing the entire OS.
For example, recovery mode can be accessed even if an Android phone is bricked. You can wipe data, reset the phone, flash custom ROMs, mods and much more. You can also make backups of the entire data the phone has. Follow the tutorial below to learn how to boot your Galaxy A50 into recovery mode.
How to enter recovery mode on Samsung Galaxy A50
There are two ways you can use to enter recovery mode on the Galaxy A50. The first way is to use the physical keys of your phone, and the second way is to use ADB commands. The first way is always the easiest and the most popular one. However, the second way is very important if the physical keys of your phone do not work properly.
1. Physical Keys
This is the most popular and easiest method. All you have to do is press a few buttons and you are done.
- Press and hold the power button. Tap on Power off. The phone will turn off.
- Once the phone is completely off, press and hold the volume up + power keys at the same time.
- Keep them pressed until you see the Samsung boot animation logo. A blue screen with a yellow triangle will appear.
- Wait a few seconds and the phone will go into recovery mode.
2. ADB Commands
This method is optional, in case the first method does not work for some reason on your phone. If the physical keys are broken or the phone refuses to recognize the key combination, then you can boot in recovery mode by using ADB commands. This is more complicated because it requires proper ADB and USB drivers, as well as a computer.
- Samsung Galaxy A50 USB Drivers | Download
- Go to Settings > About Phone > Software information and quickly tap seven times on Build Number. This will enable Developer Options. Go to Developer Options and enable USB Debugging.
Make sure that you install the drivers from the download links above, otherwise, your Galaxy A50 will not be recognized by the computer.
- Connect your phone to the computer using the provided USB cable.
- Open Command Prompt from the ADB installation folder, and execute the following command:
adb reboot recovery
The phone will automatically turn off and go into recovery mode.
Recovery Mode Walkthrough for Samsung Galaxy A50
Now that you know how to access the recovery mode, it is a good idea to know what the options provided in the menu do, and when should you use them.
- Reboot system now: This option will simply reboot the system. The phone will boot the OS and you will be able to use the phone as normal.
- Reboot to bootloader: This option boots the phone into Download Mode. This is a special mode for Samsung phones where you can flash stock One UI firmwares and kernels through Odin flashing tool.
- Apply update from ADB: This option is used when you want to update your phone or flash stock OTA files by connecting the phone to the computer and performing the required commands.
- Apply update from SD Card: This option is used when you want to update your phone or flash stock OTA files that are located in the external SD card of the phone. This is a better way than ADB because it doesn’t require the user to have a computer. Everything is done in the phone.
- Wipe data/factory reset: This option deletes all installed applications on your phone. A factory reset is recommened when you want to flash a new custom ROM or a mod that might cause a bootloop if data is not deleted.
- Wipe cache partition: This option deletes cache and dalvik cache from the system. This is recommened if something on your phone keeps crashing.
- Mount /system: This option allows you to mount a partition like system or data. It allows you to modify everything in that particular partition.
- Power off: This option simply turns the phone off. You have to press the power button again if you want to turn it on.
These are the most important recovery options that you might get the chance to use. Some other options that are more focused for developers include:
- View recovery logs
- Run graphics test
- Run locale test
- Lacking storage booting
This is how to boot your Galaxy A50 into recovery mode. Now you can wipe data, cache, perform backups and flash custom ZIP files if you have a custom recovery. Enjoy!